My Mate is Married - Chapter 20

Ace POV

I hated leaving Seneca right now.

We're finally getting somewhere.
I'm beyond happy that she's opening up to me. I know it had to be so hard for her to tell me about her childhood. If her father was still around I promise you he wouldn't be alive for very much longer.

I'm still going to have a few people do some checking up to see if we can find him. I can have him disposed of without even letting Seneca find out. Scum like that don't deserve to share the earth with the rest of us.

Seneca was even about to open up to me about something else. I could tell it was important but I had to check on my pack.

One of my pack members mind linked "help, alpha please!"

My pack almost never directly mind links me. Usually they link my beta or my third in command and they pass the info along to me.

That's also why my pack needed their Luna. Many members in a pack are more comfortable linking the Luna because the alpha is more intimidating.

It seems like Seneca's  starting to warm up to this whole thing. I know it's going to be a struggle figuring this whole divorce thing out. I don't think I've ever heard of someone meeting their mate and finding out they were already married. Dating someone, yes but not married.

It's going to be tough but so worth it. Once all of that's dealt with I'll have to introduce Seneca to the pack and have the Luna induction ceremony.

I know that our pack will love her. As much as Seneca hated her scars, werewolves see scars as kind of a sign of strength. Almost as to say look at what I've gone through and survived.

All of these thoughts were running through my head as I headed out the bedroom door and down the hallway. My beta met me at the bottom of the stairs waiting to give me more information on the situation.

"Alpha Ace, the rogues that attacked have been taken care of. The wolf that mind linked you was Betsy. She's the elderly woman that's lived out by the border for quite some time now. Her mate passed away so she lives out there all alone."

"I knew I should have never let the pack members move so close to the border." I growled a bit thinking back to the day I allowed it.

" I guess She heard noises outside and saw the rogues trying to break in one of her windows. She was scared so you were the first person she thought to link. Luckily, some of her neighboring wolves heard her scream and so they headed to the house and took care of them"

"How many were there!"

"I believe five male wolves, three were killed and two were captured."

"Okay, I'm going to head to Betsy's house now. I want to let her and her neighbors know that for the safety of the pack they will be relocating. Could you check on Seneca while I'm gone? She may be hungry."

"Yes, of course- you two were having a good ole time earlier huh?"

I growled at Derek "that's none of your business."
And with that I headed out the front door.

Once outside I called my third in command, Jeremiah. He runs the command at the local police station to make sure all werewolf activity stays under wraps and is also in charge of making sure the packs borders are patrolled at all times.

"Jeremiah, would you like to tell me how the hell 5 rogues made it past our borders tonight!"

"Sorry alpha, our patrols were all messed up because we had a slight issue down at the police station tonight."