Chapter 38

Ace POV

"What the hell do you mean she's not here ?!!"
I roared out as I stared at the security guard in front of me.

One of my pack members is always stationed at the hospital in case any of my wolves are injured and need assistance from our pack doctor.

We don't need any doctors questioning why someone is healing so quickly.

"I don't know what's going on the last time I checked on her she was sitting in the lobby waiting to check on Issac. Then I ran to make a quick phone call and came back and she was gone."

I held onto my rage as we were in a public place but my wolf wanted to emerge so bad.

"So let me get this straight. You thought it was a good idea to leave your Luna unattended, when she was just attacked mere hours ago?!"

"Im sorry but the phone call was rather important and...."

"Who could possibly be more important than your Luna?"

"That's just it I was calling you to come and check on things. I realized something when I was watching her. Who was the man that was sitting with her in the lobby?"

"That's None of your business."

"Well, I remembered his face from years ago.
Alpha Ace, he's a hunter."

I fell into a panic as I realized that not only was my sweet mate missing. But that She was taken and probably being hidden by her asshole hunter of a husband.

"How the hell didn't any of us sense him before? Issac was in the same house as him for fucks sake?""

"I had heard that they were working on a way to mask it. But we also may have mistaken the feelings towards him as our instinct to protect our Luna."

"Go in immediately, and explain everything that's going on to Issac. Tell him that I'm headed out to get a jump start on a possible scent."

I took off out the emergency room doors. My heart nearly pounding out of my chest. I ran straight for the woods as I knew my wolf would emerge at any moment.

Once under the cover of the Forrest I let all of my emotions fuel me as I shifted mid run.

So many thoughts of guilt pushed through me. How could I not have realized that bastard was a hunter. I was blinded by my love for Seneca. I took mercy on him because I knew it would upset my mate.

But unfortunately, alphas don't take mercy on hunters. Or anyone that tries to hide their Luna.

Hope you're ready Miles, cause here I come.

———————————————————————————

Seneca's POV

I sat patiently on the cot as Miles used the key to uncuff my wrist.

As soon as he pulled the buff off of my hand he reached forward to rub the raw irritated skin that was now forming a red wring on my wrist.

He was distracted so I took the opportunity to take my other hand and slap him straight across the cheek.

He flung back and put his hand against the cheek I hit and stupidly smirked at me.

"I guess I kinda deserved that Seneca. Boys youre dismissed I need to explain a few things to my wife."

The two men that had initially come into my cell a few minutes ago now headed out shutting the door behind them.

"Start talking miles." I said as I stood from the cot.