Chapter 39

Ok here it is ! So it's a really short chapter but I needed to at least publish something for you !!
I'm going to try to maybe upload one more chapter tonight to celebrate the new year !! 💗🎉
Enjoy 😊

Miles POV

Holding Seneca, and seeing her so confused and broken up about all this made me feel even more sure in my decision to go into hiding.

She can't handle the paranormal world let alone being with an alpha werewolf. It'd be way too unsafe for her.

Plus, there is no way that I'd just give up Seneca to any man, let alone one of those filthy mutts.

I had to be very careful what I told Seneca about this Alpha Ace.

My sources had let me know that Ace, might have already talked to her about the apparent mate bond. And that she may have started to believe him.

I needed to make sure that she saw Ace as the enemy. Someone who simply tried to fool her for his own selfish gain.

And from her reaction, I'm guessing she believed my story.

I'm not an awful person. I didn't want Seneca to be with anyone but me, but I also didn't want to see her look so broken.

I'm sure everything just came as a shock to her.
The fact that I've known about the paranormal, that a bond she felt with this werewolf guy was all a fake, or that we now might be in danger.

That is  what I was most worried about. Because even though we're in hiding, we still are in very real danger.

An alpha looking for his mate is not someone to be messed with. I've seen the power from an alpha werewolf before and when it comes to their mate they are in a complete blind rage.

As soon as he finds out I took her away, I'm going to be on his number one hit list.

I'm actually confused why this werewolf hasn't already tried to kill me off. But I have to believe that it has to have something to do with Seneca saying otherwise.

There's no way that a werewolf would be willing to share much —let alone his mate.

So I have to assume that if Seneca was starting to feel something for him then she was ultimately planning to leave me.

And maybe even take May away from me.

Luckily neither one of those is happening. Ever.

This area is the most secluded and guarded place that a hunter can hide. We've kept this place a safe secret through generations of hunters. And it has a special smell for miles surrounding it that blocks any way of a werewolf picking up a scent.

So the only way this werewolf would find us is if Seneca tried to contact him. So I made sure to dispose of her phone along with making sure that all lines of communication are being guarded and can only be used with supervision by me.

There's no way Seneca would just openly agree to that but I'm going to make sure to explain that if the alpha finds us he plans to kill us so it's necessary for May.

Seneca's POV

It's been about a week now since Miles has relocated us to this secret compound in the middle of nowhere.

It was a lot to take on finding out that Miles was a paranormal hunter. And had been the whole time that I knew him.

I couldn't even fathom that while we were dating and married Miles was just out casually murdering people. "For the good" —as he's put it.

I haven't spoken to him since the first night I had found myself locked up here.

That first night I lay in Miles arms sobbing for hours. I really didn't want too. I didn't want to be consoled by him. But I had nothing left in me -to move from the spot I was in.

I had officially been let down once again by a man I thought loved me. I had been tricked and manipulated yet again.

I just can't believe that Ace had been playing all along. I was skeptical at first of the whole mates bond. But I had finally began to feel it. Feel this invisible primal pull to him. And I thought maybe I was destined for something more than working in the local grocery store.

But I guess not.

These days I've just been laying around with May and when she's busy playing I just lie in my bed and stare at the ceiling.

I feel like with each passing moment this heavy sadness creeps in and continues to overwhelm me.

Miles and my mother have both tried to speak to me and I just ignore them as if I'm staring straight through them.

He won't let me near a computer or phone without a proper baby sitter. Which makes me extremely paranoid about his motives for bringing us here.

He keeps reminding me, even though I pretend not to listen. We have to remain completely hidden here. He knows that we figured out his plan for you. If Alpha Ace finds out where we are he'll kill us all Seneca.