Chapter 1.6: Quest Fishing in the Ocean, Staving Off Boredom

(Denzel's POV):

After returning to the castle, I went to sleep straight off the bat.

I never knew that I could come into trouble tomorrow.

"Denz, wake up." - ???

"Ugh, who is it?"

Without knowing who I am talking to, I woke up with blurry eyes and being a little dizzy.

"Denz, do you need something?" - ???

My vision starts to clear up after some time talking to the person beside me.
I was stupefied by the results.

"What are you doing here!?!?!?"

I jumped off my bed and ran to a corner while yelling out such a question. She slowly comes closer to me while I received a message from Symor.

The message was: "Dude, what the fuck was that?"

I instantly replied by typing in: "What is this girl doing in my room!?!?"

"Lilith, I know your circumstances for now but why are you in my room? And in that outfit?"

"*Pouts* I'm here to serve you..." - Lilith

"Why a 'Neko-maid'?"

"Your fetish?" - Lilith

"Seriously? I would be surprised but you lack headphones."

Lilith is showing a faraway look while trying to show that she has a long way to go.

"Haaaa, I wonder when can I get Denzel for real..." - Lilith

At least, I used some insurance...

"You won't, I'm already in love with someone else."

"Boo!" - Lilith

"Anyways, I have to go."

I dashed out of the window with my storage ring without looking back. All I can hear was Lilith's voice slowly dissipating from afar.

I went to the ocean.

Two hours later...

I have finally arrived here, I do not hear anyone around so I'm probably alone.

I could chat to her while I do my staving off here.

I poured magic into my ring to access my storage. I took out my fishing rod and a bunch of medium-level bait.
Greatly enough, I saw something like a craned somewhere sky-high while message chatting and fishing. (Craned: large wading bird of the family Gruidae, characterized by long legs, bill, and neck and an elevated hind toe. Something along those lines.)

Normally, if people see what I'm messaging here, they would have that evil grin and make a highly convoluted plan to make me confess...

After a few hours or so...

Ok, so it's nearly dusk. The results are at least plausible for me:

A bunch of salmon

Crates

Some cool potions

And a huge chunk of an orca...

I don't know where I got the last one but I'm happy with the results of fishing here today...

I went back to base for now and get some rest...
On the way back home, I ran into something interesting...
"Umm, excuse me, what are you doing here?"
"Hey! Just the sacrifi- I mean competent fishing master that I've been looking for!" - ???
"Umm, what do you mean?"
"Don't be shy, I'm only asking you to grab some fish for me. Oh, the name's Nathan, I'm an angler." - Nathan
An "Angler" huh, must be an NPC... I have to ensure that I am home before I get killed by Symor...
"I'll continue my fishing tomorrow, sorry but I have to rest."
"Can I come with you to your base then?" - Nathan
"Sure, you could become one of the people in the civilization we have."
"That's great, then I'll catch you later." - Nathan