Interlude 3: Blood Moon

(No POV):

Inside the Crystal Palace Denzel built, is a room at the 10th floor where it's designed to be a place to rest. Denzel lied down after looking at the night sky. Beside him was Rika, a girl two years younger than him started talking...

"Zel, are you gonna take a rest?" - Rika
"Yeah, according to what leader said, the witch farm is a large scale project... Which means I have to prioritize it over my weapons. I should tell Bella and the others about me being absent for a while but... he said something about a massive raid that will begin soon enough." - Denzel

Apparently, what Symor said to Denzel was only a word about having a witch farm and encountering some kind of Chronomancer...

"He apparently said that the enemy was a chronomancer and could be the same person as who attacked you that time." - Denzel
"Was it Edgar?" - Rika
"It should definitely be him... and since it's him, I should hunt him down but... I have more training to work on, along with my weapon of choice." - Denzel
"I see, so you have to confront him either way huh..." - Rika
"Yeah, he'll definitely become a hindrance not only to us, but also to the whole Asylum itself..." - Denzel

Denzel knows his target, he held a heavy grudge against Edgar for attempting such a heavy trauma for Rika. As a result, he tried to beat him up but it ended as a draw as he retreated to ensure Rika was safe first.

Numerically, Edgar was stronger as he had higher stat numbers than Denzel on average. Knowing Denzel who mastered dual wielding from sparing a whole lot of times with Symor, he felt like it's possible to win on his side in a standard one versus one...

What's more, he fought a person who could use portals freely to deliver blows on opponents in impossible angles...

"I should be safe regardless. Rather, I should bring all of you to the castle before and during the raid. I have to make sure that you guys won't get dragged into a mess I created." - Denzel
"I see, let's sleep now then..." - Rika

As the two of them slept the night away, there were differences on what is about to happen...

The moon starts to glow in a reddish white color and begins an event.

The Blood Moon is rising.

In Terraria, the spawn rates of hostile mobs would skyrocket due to the bloody moon. As it is true from that game to the game they are playing. There is a major difference with items activating in a blood moon.

One of the aforementioned items is Denzel's necklace.

Whenever he uses the necklace, or when a blood moon rises, Denzel will suffer a drastic change in personality and ability.

His abilities will boost abnormally to the point where it's impossible to maintain his humanity if used in a blood moon.

This has happened once before which Symor made him pass out.

But now, there is no one that could eliminate his consciousness...

Denzel starts hyperventilating in his sleep, gaining severe headaches and bodily pains...

He woke up alone and noticed that he's in a state of blood moon. He placed down a sign which said:
"I'll be back by dawn."

He ran out and try to hide himself from everyone as much as possible. He would rampage around the area, massacring thousands of mobs or players trying to invade his palace.

Soon enough dawn arrived...

Denzel returned to the crystal palace with tattered clothes and scratches in his body.

Everyone who was living with him in that world was worried, but he answered with a simple statement.

"Blood Moon, sorry guys." - Denzel

And after saying those words, he passed out...

(AN: Actually, this Interlude is actually part of the first arc which is coming soon...)