Arc 1 Part 7: Against a Superior Rank...

(Denzel's POV):

Clearing off groups of enemies, it took me some time to finally face Chrominus...

"Aren't you exhausted there? I'll let you have a rest for a bit." - Chrominus

He's cocky, but I'll take up on that offer...

I wiped off some sweat on my body and drank a potion of revitalization...

Checking all my stats, I'm good...

"Twin cutters."

I set my weapons into a pair of shortswords and prepped myself...

"Resummon, Phantasmal Blades."

Twelve swords that looked like different colored beam swords start rotating around behind me...

Of course, maybe provocation may be needed here...

"You sure about giving me a break? You'll die you know?"

His eyebrow twitched, seems like it worked...

"Is that how you respond to someone stronger?" - Chrominus
"Of course, cause I'll come out on top!"

I dashed at a high speed and swung both swords on his head, and his torso immediately. Without giving him room, I sent three phantasmal blades to his back and attack him from behind...

A single metal baton blocked both of my swords, it considerably lengthened since the last fight between the two of us...

The three phantasmal blades behind him slashed in three ways, one downwards to his shoulder, one to his legs, and the other was upwards from his legs...

"Chih!" - Chrominus

Clicking his tongue, he blinked to the sky which is also another part...

I sent the other nine phantasmal blades attacking him in different directions...

I twirled backwards while guiding the other three blades to strike Chrominus without a chance to escape easily...

Each sword has a sweeping motion that would be difficult to manipulate for a starter blade dancer...

You think I didn't learn from past fights?

"Thorny Crown!"

Each blade collided within each other with considerable force... But it ended up hitting nothing

I called back all twelve blades to circle behind me like a halo...

Chrominus is in front of me holding his baton while hanging it on his shoulder...

He blinked twice, instantly closing the position...

He then swung the baton downwards...

I tried to block but he teleported his baton to an entirely new direction... Which made me block it with the other sword but he simply repeated the action...

No choice but to go offense huh...

He swung his baton to my side and struck me in the body just below the ribs...

I lowered the impact by increasing his danger level by sweeping both swords into him...

He teleported away, but I managed to lessen the damage he could've dealt...

Damn, he's even much more of a cunt than last time...

"It seems you can still stand over there..." - Chrominus

I got it now, since he's gonna strike me with a high power physical attack then I'll settle with summoning a small patch of ultra-hardened ice to parry it without taking damage...