Chapter 3.9: Eater of Worlds

(Symor's POV):

Only a few minutes after I fell down the chasm of the corrupted biome...

I confirmed that I haven't killed the pervert.

I stood up and checked my surroundings. I looked across the cave with nothing but darkness covering it.

Before I ignited a torch, I felt and heard monsters roaming around and seemingly are looking for food.

Their noise comes in closer, it led me to use a large-scale magic to wipe them out completely.

"Earthbound..."

The walls, the floor and the roof of the cave start moving. It formed into multiple stalactites and stalagmites, jousting all monsters that are surrounding me in the dark.

The surroundings become noisier as the monsters moan in agony. I took my opportunity to light up a torch so I can finally see what happened.

Multiple Eater of Souls have been jousted through. They are unable to move but they seem like that they could be still alive.

"Retract!"

All spikes retracted. Causing the monsters to spill dirtied blood which made them moan in agony louder than usual.

One by one the monsters die out from Earthen bleeding.

I started walking around the area and took all of the loot available.

"Rotten meat only huh..."

I did receive a whole lot of silver coins for the extermination within the area.

I walked around and noticed a systematic sound beating from underneath.

"Probably a Shadow Orb, I'll mark it's spot for later."

I moved to a different spot and noticed more monsters lurking around.

"Windblade Clash!"

The wind starts to coil up inside the cave and starts obliterating all monsters in front of me.

I took out a bunch of glowsticks from my Magic Storage, throwing them all over the place to give me lighting of the whole area.

Now that I can see the whole area without much trouble I started walking around.

I wandered throughout the whole area and noticed more and more sound beatings underground.

I marked each one of them so I can go for them later.
I saw multiple demon altars around the area. I come closer to them and the HUD opened up something.

"New recipe unlocked..."

I opened the list of new possible craftable things.

I only received recipes of boss spawners. They range from the Eye of Cthulhu, Brain of Cthulhu, Eater of Worlds, Skeletron, and many more. This explains that there are monsters that are definitely not from Terraria.

I continued checking the list, it listed multiple cursed weapons which have great power but with a severe side effect. It ranged from simple debuff to mind control.

"I guess no one is stupid enough to be controlled by their own weapon in this game."

I continued to scroll through the list and finally found the Night's Edge. The list wasn't over though, it contained multiple fragments of a sword that has unreadable text in its description.

"Not fixed huh..."

After scrolling through the list of craftable items I returned to the marked spots and detonated them using dynamites...