Arc 1 Part 8: Returning to the Palace, and the Mysteria

Two days after the "Failed Grand Invasion" by Chrominus, I have decided to return to the Crystal Palace along with Malech's group, Rika's group, and Bella's group in a large magic carpet. Speeding through the skies by propelling the carpet with wind magic and shielding air resistance, it was quite a spectacle for my mana capacity...

"Zel, are you alright?" - Rika
"I guess? I'm a little exhausted though so I may end up in bed once we return..."

Rika, who was in a sitting posture, was leaning her head on my left shoulder. Entrusting some of her weight to me which increased my workload for a bit. Bella then moves behind me and starts pouring some mana to refill what I lost...

"Good grief, Denzel really doesn't try to act exhausted even if the hints are there already... You're overdoing it you know?" - Bella
"Mm, isn't he the busiest person in his group?" - Rika

As Rika starts wondering about my workload a thought crossed my mind about Symor, Heirro, and Michael...

For sure, Michael is still in his expedition along with his friends... But it seems Heirro and Symor are doing the cleanup along with the others at the castle...

"What's in your mind?" - Rika

Rika stares right into me eyes while exclaiming her worries... No good!  I must keep my attention up at all times...

"Nothing, I'm just thinking that I'm not as busy as Symor who is cleaning up the warzone..."

There's no use thinking about it, since he talked about the witch farm project that will start in a month, I have to prepare myself...

"Michael's safety though..."
"Ah right, Michael said that his group is enough to get through the first half of this game. I don't think there's any use worrying about him..." - Bella

Even if Michael fails, he can actually escape with his friends using a magic mirror... But I wonder about that...

Considering that he intends to begin the hardmode phase of the game, if he succeeds then he definitely has to return immediately... It's going to be difficult just trying to survive the night in early hardmode...

Another thought that crossed my mind is whether the boss in hell is empowered to some extent... From what I remember, the Eye of Cthulhu can summon mini demon eyes at a rapid rate and can fire a lazer at first phase... In the second phase, the only way to damage it is by the inside of the mouth which can be closed at instinct or will...

I don't know about the two bosses in the corruption and crimson biomes but surely... The boss in the dungeon which is Skeletron, is going to be superbuffed beyond the limits too...

While pondering heavily, I heard Malech making a ruckus in the back...

I turned my head and saw him pulling his chain scythe up... He didn't seem to notice my gaze and pulled up the grabber that caught a golden bird...

"It's a success!" - Malech

Malech turns to the front and sees me looking at the bird with surprise...

"Hmm, want it Denz?" - Malech
"Yes, but actually no. You have some space in your room to keep pets right?"

I remembered that the rooms below the sky floor have a larger area than the standard sized ones around the lower floors of the crystal palace...

"Actually, that's right, can I then take a glass bottle from the public storage?" - Malech
"You better put holes or it'll die..."
"Got'ya~" - Malech

I looked at Rika who smiled from the exchange between Malech and me...

"Was it something?"
"No, there isn't any of the sort. It's just that, the past and the current you are pretty different..." - Rika
"Ahaha, how did you know that?"