Special 6: Two And Half Years...

(Michael's POV):

New Years Eve is back in it's course, by that point, two and a half years had passed since we became stuck here... Many things had happened... Me, Eri, and the others had went to an expedition in the jungle, but ended up in hell and having a frightening close fight where we nearly had casualties... Not only once but twice...

But now, two and a half years of being stuck in this world, we finally entered hardmode. Where the difficulty of living has suddenly skyrocketed as every pre-hardmode monster has a stat amplification of 2.3 and new and more annoying monsters have showed up...

But, we actually killed that monstrosity more than a year ago... And it caused various changes to the world. Not only it extended by another hundred kilometers in area... But we have no idea what to do next...

So for now, everyone is stuck in a slump on what to do...

The issue is that I didn't receive a Pawnhammer which is a guaranteed drop from the boss in the original game... We can't progress until it drops that specific hammer...

I did receive a powerful emblem that boosts my magic damage along with everyone else in the party... They had different emblems though...

And speed up time by one year and four months and now we're back in the spot without any way of progressing at all...

What only entered my mind is to wait for someone to get the Pawnhammer and break a demon or crimson altar somewhere...

But today is a special day...

I'm in Symor's castle, with everyone else to celebrate New Years Eve inside a game...

Today is also the time where pvp is disabled... but will activate a few days after the New Year...

It was disabled because of the holidays and hardmode monsters showing up indiscriminately...

However, in this day specifically... Is about to go down where our regrets will be put down to the grave...

I arrived to the venue which is the garden of the castle, where everyone has stationed... I looked around and saw many familiar faces as new people have been joining the Asylum just like my friends Eri and the others... I saw a large area where Denzel was grouped along with his collected friends... Symor is still in the classic Asylum circle which are Heirro and the others... Most of my friends are here but Eri's missing...

I went to Denzel's spot and asked him to do a scan...

He smiled and closed his eyes to check where Eri is... And it seems she is on top of the clock tower...

I activated Fire Wings and flew towards the clock tower...

I saw Eri on the roof but I heard Symor's voice...

"Michael, where are you?" - Symor
"I'm heading towards the clock tower, I will fetch this one person first..."
"You got ten minutes before the clock strikes twelve..." - Symor
"Got it!"

I sped up towards the clock tower and saw Eri with a faraway look in her face...

"Sup Eri..."
"Oh hey Michael... What's up?" - Eri
"Nothing really, I just noticed that you're being alone..."
"I see..." - Eri
"You know, the party is gonna occur in a bit so let's rush there."
"You can go ahead if you want, I'll catch up..." - Eri
"Nah, I'm bringing you with me, so if you're good, then let's go there..."
"..." - Eri

Eri stayed silent which turned this into an awkward situation...

While she's silent and maybe pondering about something, she's one of those people as well...

Eri is another demon incarnate class that showed in this game... As such both of us are actually demons that only turned allies...

She has that aggressive behavior when it comes to leading a group. However, we both share opinions to create nearly perfect situations...

We stayed like this in an awkward situation for a while... It took too much time that I heard the bell ring...

I looked straight at Eri and smiled...

"Eri, happy new year..."

She blushed a bit and returned the greeting...

"Happy new year to you too Michael..." - Eri
"Let's go?"

Eri simply nodded and followed behind me...