Chapter 2.0: Tasks, Weaponry and Sentinels

(Michael's POV):

Evening...

I exit Symor's castle and started walking alone.

"Walking at evening time doesn't feel so bad after all."

I continued walking for hours...

If I remember correctly, my personality changed from an over-glorified person, into a patient person... I guess the impacts of planet 4546B really changed our personalities little by little...

I saw some familiar people while walking in one direction...

"Oh, it's you Michael, where are you going?" - ???
"Just some tasks handed over to me..."
"In the middle of night? Oh wait, the gate is about to close! Catch ya later!" - ???
"Yeah, later..."

The guy started running into the castle as the gate starts to close...

Soon enough I got a little bored... I remembered that I actually bought the hermes boots that I found underground...

"I should've brought these out earlier."

I wore the shoes and started running at the speed of a race car.

Before long I arrived to the Crystal Palace. I saw Denzel staying up late at night.

"Denz!"
"Oh, sup Michael..." - Denzel
"What are you doing now?"
"Since I finished the whole first floor which has the guest rooms, I had already started on the basement deck." - Denzel
"Efficient! Rather, how are you that motivated?"
"My younger sister is here to play at most times..." - Denzel
"So, an incest loving lolicon who's a degenerate, and somewhat illiterate? As what Symor says."
"I get what you mean, but my feelings are different..." - Denzel
"I see... Anyways, where's the stuff?"
"The requested weapons? They're in a treasure chest with an X mark in my hidey hole..." - Denzel
"Thanks, here's what you might need."

I took out a bunch of ice cubes that Denzel placed on a table and lit them up using fire magic...

"Thanks, now lighting won't be a tough problem..." - Denzel
"No problem."

I left Denzel to his planning business and went to his hidey hole.

I saw the chest with the X mark... It was troubling because there are multiple arrows pointing to it.

"What is this..."

I opened the chest and saw a scythe, a trident, and a note...

"As you may see the color of these weapons, they have magic corresponding to color..."

I continued reading the notes.

"The bladed part of the scythe is red. It reaps blood from opponents to lessen the weight and increase it's length temporary, but it has a time limit after a minute of exiting combat..."

Jeez, he probably went overboard with this...

But it won't hinder me that much...

I took the scythe and tried some test swings...

"Pretty heavy, at the same time it's sharp as heck..."

I saw a dummy which I could test it on...

I tried swinging it a few more times.

"Yeah, this is perfect. How bout the trident..."

I took out the trident and the note that comes along with it...

"This trident is focused more on its pointy edge. It can penetrate any piece of armor or shield. There is some magic built in to this... Apply some fire magic and it will fire a fireball from the other end of the trident..."