Arc 1 Part 5: The Best of Friends 2...

<Character Design Concept: Chelsea>
<Her character is more on a sharp but kindhearted person, she is one of the more powerful characters that will be proven in a segment in this chapter...>

"Time Hijack!"

"Time Hijack!"

The sky color changed and apparently, time was paused...

Everyone and everything couldn't move without restriction...

Me, Malech, William, Vince, and Jerald continued to look straight ahead without moving anything...

After that, we see a group of people moving towards the dragon corpse...

From my sight, I saw multiple pieces of dynamites place into the corpse... They're spreading some sort of effect it seems. However, it seems that they aren't reaching towards us for some reason... Is it because we're invulnerable during the hijack? If so then they should just place traps... I'm not so sure if it's their ego simply thinking that their raid is a success...

My only theory is that their range might be unable to reach here even though they can stop time here... Could they not go too far from the center?

I guess so...

After a sole conversation with myself, the group left and returned to their position near their barrier...

It should be down soon...

A few seconds later time started moving again, but the sky is still tainted red...

"Guys, what do?"

The moment I asked that, multiple explosions occurred from the corpse which spread its flesh around without popping into particles...

A large protective physical barrier was cast by Symor, it seems he had some instinct about the danger of it...

I immediately entered comms...

"Symor! What was the corpse about?!"
"It's a piece of flesh that turns into an undead apparition if it passed by a bit of time. We can't have them rummaging around the castle!" - Symor
"Right!"

After cutting comms, multiple monsters converged into my position once again...

Orcs, goblins, bears, boars, eater of souls, crimeras, they're swarming both the ground and the air...

Something's not right though...

While I was fending off various enemies, my senses randomly tingled and my instinct told me something dangerous is coming...

I immediately activated the comms...

"Symor! Reactiv-!"

Before I finished my statement, a barrier was erected which blocked a powerful convergence of sunlight beam directed to the front line...

The laser took a while before it dissipated slowly...

"My instinct was right..."

There was a large axe held by an orc that was about to chop me from above...