Chapter 22 -[Title After the Chapter]-

Author's pov

The prince's face remained stoic but his inner desire is becoming stronger.

"Wh-why are y-you here Prince?" Knives questioned.

"Why are you answering me with another question?.... Answer my question, little wife" he commanded,but inside, the prince didn't want to use this method to know what is going on inside her head.

But in the contrary he had to, so he can lend him a hand if she needs help.

"Mistress... I think he could lend us a hand" Nadia whispered when she's done studying the Prince.

Knives think for a while, she close her eyes while collecting her thoughts or perhaps her emotions after a few seconds she raised her head while some stubborn tears —that didn't want to fall— are present on her eyes.

"M-my.. Ehem... My maid has been kidnapped by the... Akuma Empire" he raised his eyebrow.

"What would they gain on kidnapping a maid?" He ask.

There's no time to waste, any time Aiko would be chained on that man!!! I-i need his help.

"You have!!! You have to help me!!! I need to save her." Her voice is resolute and held no fear while her eyes grew more sinister and helpless.

"Do you think I'll help you?.." He smirked while saying this.

"You won't?... I-i would do anything!! Anything!" Her voice broke, the prince's mask broke too, he couldn't take that his wife would be like this.

The Prince couldn't take his wife grievances and pleading anymore so he immediately pull her hands, and because Knife was too taken a back she was dragged out of the room.

After running for a few minutes they arrived in the Prince's room.

"Wh-wha—" before Knives could finish the Prince embraced her tightly.

Knives was incredibly confused while her heart beat become abnormal again.

"I'm afraid... Afraid that you would disappear! Why! Why are you making me feel this way!?" He began accusing her, while Knives face began to become more confused and redder.

"Pr-prince maybe I'm sick..." She whispered.

When the prince heard this he held her hands while his face is worried and serious.

"Y-you're sick...?" He ask, Knives nod her head not knowing that she's pouting and making a cute face.

This made him want to hug her tight, imprison her and hide her from other's prying eyes.

"M-my heart keeps on pounding so hard and when I see you I kept feeling this refreshing feeling inside my heart an—" before Knives could finish her sentence the prince laugh so hard but it only make his godlike looks more enhance and charming that could take any spectator's breath away.

While on the other hand Knives became dumbfounded because he didn't expect this reaction coming from the prince much less see him laugh so heartily.

"Owh god my Wangfei your such full of surprises!!! You could not fail to amuse me!!!" He stated still laughing.

But still Knives is confused

Chapter 22 -A Helping Hand and His laugh-

*****

—Group Chat—

(Author is currently online)

(Knives is currently online)

(Nadia is currently online)

Author: why are you so dense?

Knives: who are you talking about author?

Author: *facepalm* 😑

Nadia: *shakes head* 😧😦

Bye~