Vol. 2 Chapter 59 -Cuteness Obsession?-

Author's P.O.V.

-End of Flashback-

"You do know that I already got poisoned..." Knives asked in matter-of-factly-tone, while prompting her chin.

She twirl the second glass of Rose Wine in her glass, seemingly examining it,

She snickers and continue, "This information is not disclosed by the former Dragon Empire but I was first poisoned their, then came the second which occured in the boat where my maid was held captive"---she then pry her eyes to the little figure---"of course you also don't know that...".

She consumed the wine in one gulp, before sighing like she's dissapointed, finally clicking her tongue.

"I assumed that you want to kill me, but my calculation is quite off this time. You still have some heart left, Doll" She walked closer to the Doll like concubine then tapped her nose.

"Cute..." She smiled greedily, making the little one shiver involuntarily.

On the side note, So this is her Obsession? She can't help but gulp.

"Our mistress looks cold but actually have a weird... attitude about things" Jinx whispered, pointing out the already most obvious things in the whole ordeal.

"You could always visit me in my manor, but no more schemes, okay?" Like someone teaching her pet how to act, that's how you would interpret the situation, which made everyone both stupefied and scared.

With Nadia and Ai gone as my doll, I should find a new one, and this is not a typo its what really our protagonist is actually thinking right now.

As we all know our protagonist is the weirdest character of all the characters here because all she could think of is how cute the scheming doll is. Fudge she's not even bothered that she was schemed at!

But back to the current situation, with these words landing in everyones ears, one thing is 'clear' to them, the empress will take her revenge.

Nah of course their half wrong and correct.

Yes, she would take revenge but not in that way.

With the commotion over and at last feeling uninterested with the twist of events Knives make her desicion to leave and with this she finally gain respect to everyone in the palace resulting for rumors to float around the kingdom about:

how the sleeping empress is a not to be provoke figure and she's merciful enough to spare the arrogant concubine's life as a warning.

But we all know that's not the reason, Bai Mei was just saved with her cute looks and she'll know that but that's another story to tell.