Chapter 33 -Her Vulnerable Side-

Prince's POV

I didn't expect to see a relieved smile on my wife's lips while a happy glint can be seen on her eyes.

This is the first time she showed such a beautiful and mesmerizing smile, still... I like it, no, I love it.

"...thank you..." her voice is quite when she said this but I still heard her.

Tears started to fill her eyes, she's crying!!!

I immediately cupped her face, studying her face, her lips crooked trying to suppress her wailing.

As a prince I saw many crying faces but... this makes my heart swell.

"Just let it go... let it go~" I gently pet her head, when she heard what I just she started to wail.

The door opened and there her sect assistants with the weird accents and hair colors can be seen.

They were about to step in when I wave my hand, signaling them to not come in, they slowly closed the door.

After an hour crying in my arms, she fell asleep again.

I caress her face while thinking why did she suddenly had this outburst.

I know her quiet well, she hates vegetables like a kid, she always has this mischievous glint on her eyes everytime she sees the daily report about the other princes trying to kill me and at the end of the day she would be confused because of the unfamiliar feelings starting to build inside her.

She's smart but dumb. Its quiet noticeable if you spend time with her.

And now I've fully known her incapabilities and capabilities I've come  to love her more than I could expect to the point I'be come too possessive of her.

I continue to caress her face and gently wiped the new tear coming out of her eyes.

If I could I would lessen her burden and let her know that I'm here to support her and share her burdens.

Its quite unusual for me as a playful Duke and as a ruthless Crown Prince to think about these things, because I have to put such a facade to protect the one I protect, because of the foes I have made so far.

...I want to protect this vulnerable side of hers... not just because I want to but because its the only way to let her know that I love her.

*****

Sorry sorry... I'm really really sorry for the short and late update, I've been busy with the club activities and acdemics too so pls bare with me guys and keep supporting this story because our Knives is already learning and fully knowing what are the so called emotions.

And as the story goes about how she would rescue her maid, well just stay tuned because its quite not so very simple to do so.

Thanks for the votes and comment Really Really appreciate it!!!