Chapter 30 -Poison-

Chapter 30 -Poison-

Author's POV

Knives felt the stinging pain on her stomach while the poison began to spread, she also saw Little Ai being abducted by a dark shadow with her own eyes.

She felt the unfamiliar emotion in that moment that began to be more understandable, now she knew what sadness throughly feel, the heaviness of ones heart when you saw your love ones being abducted and theirs nothing you could do to stop it.

The shadows dispersed included Little Ai and no signs of them can be seen.

While Knives on the other hand felt her consciousness started to slip, everything starts to be blurr while unconsciously a drop of tear traveled to her cheeks, but before she could even land the cold floor she was surrounded by warmth, the prince catch her because its the only thing he could do because he couldn't even save her from the dagger that was plunged through her stomach.

"I'm sorry..." this is the only word the usually playful but ruthless Prince could say, while Nadia and the others could only lower their heads.

"Prince I think we should take her to a doctor, before we mourn for her.." Grisha said in monotone still you could see the worriedness in his eyes.

"Of course..." The prince replied and carried the unconscious Knives.

......

They arrived in one of the bed chambers of the palace, with the permission of the Emperor they occupied the place, while the Emperor summoned the imperial doctor.

The elderly doctor checked Knives pulse, he could only shake his head.

"Your highness, the poison is halfway in Wangfei Feng's system I do not have any capabilities of curing her" the imperial doctor voice out while his head stayed low.

Out of nowhere a famaliar silhoutte, "what nonsense!!!" Nadia spoke out and her russian is thick because of the obvious annoyance she felt, she could only think of one thing: of how dumb the imperial doctor is.

When Nadia is done speaking two more shadows began to form behind her, its Grisha and Lev in their sect's uniform, their sect emblem is on their respectable places. Their presence became more suspicious because of the fact that they are wearing hoods and masks.

Swords pointed to them, "Tsk! Really dumb...!" Nadia whispered.

"Speak your business or you shall meet our swords" Lev can't help but become more angry, but he have to calm down so they could immediately help their mistress that is now half way to death.

"Put down your swords.. I know them..." the Emperor unexpectedly exclaimed.

"Chen, if you could tell your guards including the doctor to leave, we would really appreciate it." All the guards became astonished because of the fact that one of the masked guys (Grisha) spoke to the emperor and addressing to him informally which is a great taboo!

The emperor nodded first and ordered the guards included the imperial doctor to leave, only the his highness and the duke were left

"So, why does a very highly respected sect here?"

.....

So I updated much early than expected because ideas came rushing in my head!

And also because of the fact that School Year is about to start!!! Argh goodbye summer!!😭😭

And thank you!! Thank you for the 4k votes and 120k reads, really really appreciate it😘!