Vol. 2 Chapter 63 -Squabble-

Author's P.O.V.

But its seems like the so called Aiko-ignoring-the-assassin-from-finding-mistress plan is abandoned anyway.

The whole garden is a mess, broken statue there, soil on the well cemented paved floor, and the assassin constantly attacking the empress on her glorious and eye catching red hanfu.

Their mouths were agape but not Aimi with her usual stoic expression though looking closely you can see the twitching of her lips trying to contain her grin.

After a few exchanges on both sides or maybe you could call it a one sided fight, 'cause all the Empress did is dodge casually.

Knives rubbed her temple trying to calm her temper while on her other hand she carries a girl.

"Why did you let Nadia drink?" She whispered, but the culprits still heard it loud and clear, they gulped then Xin whispered back "Its an accident".

"Hah!" Accident my face she thought before continueing, "I'm not really in a mood right now, and the fact that for the past 2 days I'm not really feeling well, and you're excuse is... its an accident!?" Infuriatingly she sat down on the rock near her, unbeffiting for an Empress.

"I could have killed Nadia!!! You should have known better Aiko, you're the one I will hold accountable to this matter!" She fumed then turned to the other two.

"You two, would also face the consequences!"

With a creased brows and tired sigh, Knives threw the little assassin like a ball.

"Mistress, do you want me to check you up?" Little Ai suggested when she finally realized how ill Knives is.

Knives nodded and with careful steps she approached her.

She placed her 3 fingers on her wrist and carefully assessed her pulse, her brows wrinkled out of confusion afted a few minutes later she finally spoke.

"Mistress, did you do it with the prince?" She awkwardly asked her cheeks painted pink.

"You mean sex---" before Knives could even finish she flustteredly interrupted and boomed with a hurried 'YES'.

"I think we did it numerous times before he left. Why?" Hearing this, Aiko nervously and happily replied "Y-you're pregnant!"

"..." utter silence is the reply to what Aiko said, but with her next words, the emotions cannot be conatained anymore.

"And I think... its twins"