CHAPTER TEN

"Where is Marnie?" Fangs asked walking over to the table his friends were currently occupying

Anthony made a face as he looked at him trying to mock Fangs voice," Oh, hey Anthony, you look fine, how is the nose? 'Oh, thanks for asking Fangs buddy, it's not that bad'" Anthony huffed, making him roll his eyes.

"You'll live" He added making Anthony raise his hand putting it to his chest offended

"Fine, then I won't tell you were Marnie is" He huffed crossing his arms.

Toni chuckled at the two and waved her hand behind her," Marnie is over there" Fangs looked up to see her currently speaking to a girl or more like flirting.

"What is she doing anyway?" Pea asked looking over and Toni smirking," What do you think?"

Pea deadpanned at her giving her the "Why do you think I asked?" look, making Toni roll her eyes

"The vixen found her target" Anthony answered while he stuffed his mouth with food. It was probably not how she would have worded it, but she just let Anthony explain it.

"Wait didn't she have a thing going on with one of the Northside jocks?" Fangs asked raising his eyebrow.

"Yeah, that was last week" Anthony spoke up then pointed his thumb to Marnie," That girl is her next target, which I got to say, is a lovely choice," He said but then smirked looking at Fangs "Awh, what's a wrong pal? Wanted to be her next target?" Anthony joked making Fangs glare at him.

"So, she does this all the time?" Pea asked the twin as he nodded

"Yep— Anyways, I got to go, I have a hot date in a few" He said leaving the table waving farewell to them, walking past his sister ruffling her hair to annoy her.

"It's a game," Jughead said, finally speaking up getting the attention from the three

"A game?" Toni asked making him nod his head

"Yeah, Marnie and Anthony always challenge each other on who'd get more dates, it's been something that they been doing for years" He admitted

"How'd you know that?" Fangs asked, slightly annoyed with this 'game' that they play, although he was confused why he was even bothered by it.

Jughead leaned his back on the table and sighed, "I heard them talk about it when they invited my dad and me to dinner, it was not like they were being discreet about it"

"A game to play with feelings? That's kind of awful if you ask me" Pea shook his head in disapproval.

"Well, they been moving a lot for years, so maybe it's their way of avoiding the chance of them getting serious with anyone" Toni added, as she shrugged her shoulder," I don't know how to explain it, but even if they only been here for a few months, both of them avoid any topics about plans for the future, but there is more to the story, so it's unfair for us to judge too soon"

Fangs looked over to Marnie, seeing her as someone who just wants to feel at home. He knew the feeling, and it was thanks to the serpents he got it, and he couldn't help but want to give her that same chance he got.