CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

Marnie reached the lunch table with the gang, and she chuckled lightly as she looked at Sweet Pea who was off in a daze, looking in the distance

Marnie reached the lunch table with the gang, and she chuckled lightly as she looked at Sweet Pea who was off in a daze, looking in the distance. She had known for a while now, that Pea had a little crush on someone.

"Sweets, why don't you just talk to her?" Marnie announced as she sat next to Fangs who was currently asleep, and by habit she ran her hands through his hair, receiving a pleasured hum from him.

"Yeah, and have one of them get at me?" Pea nudged his head to the usual northside group consisting of Archie, Reggie, Veronica, Kevin, Cheryl and occasionally Betty and Jughead if they were not with them, the couple was considered Switzerland not choosing sides.

"Andrews and Mantle won't do a thing if you don't bother them" Marnie stated making Fangs rise his head to look at her

"Really babe? The two that hurt Anthony on your first day?"

"Hey, to be fair that was only Andrews" Marnie tried to retort but then sighed at Fangs who didn't stop smirking at her. She then grumbled turning to Pea," On second thought, wait until she is just with the girls and Keller"

Fangs snickered at her like he had won an argument making her roll her eyes and lightly shove him.

"Or" Pea turned to face her fully smiling and Marnie knew instantly he was going to ask her for a favour," You can befriend her?"

She gave him a long look shaking her head," I'm not just going to be her friend so you can get a chance, Sweets"

"Come on don't you like making friends?" Pea whined making Fangs snort and Marnie sigh

"I do like making friends, but she and I don't have classes together, and she'd find it suspicious that I just want to suddenly befriend her. Why don't you ask Betty? The two are friends"

"Betty wouldn't like the idea," Jughead said looking up from his laptop writing for The Blue & Gold. Marnie almost jumped out of her seat not even noticing that he was there the entire time, and he smirked at her noticing her reaction receiving a light kick to his shin from her.

"Jones you are going to kill me one day, I swear!" Marnie pouted as Fangs reached over patting her head

"Or we can just get him a cat bell" The couple laughed as Jughead just went back to typing with a few whispered curses to them. Pea groaned leaning on the table," Come on Sweet Pea, you have done a lot of things more nerve-wracking than this, I mean there was Josie, and she is pretty popular" Fangs stated but then got a glare in return.

"She is history, don't even speak of her" Pea spat as Fangs raised his hands apologizing," What Fangs was trying to say" Marnie narrowed her eyes to Fangs turning back to Pea," Is that if you want to be more than just someone who looks from afar, you need to climb that wall and speak to her" Fangs nodded his head thankful for Marnie being the better one with words.

"She might freak out though, she doesn't like us much" Pea said beaten referring to being Serpents and Marnie reached over the table patting his arm," Sweets, then prove it to her that your not someone to be disliked, like my brother and I always told you guys, be Who You Are, not what people make you as," Once she had said that, grins appeared on both Fangs and Jughead's mouths, constantly loving with Marnie's pep talks.