CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Lorenzo who had been reading the daily newspaper heard Marnie shout, making him drop his paper and almost spill his coffee running to her room, and on his way, he grabbed a wooden bat

He ran in ready to attack," WHAT IS GOING ON?!" He shouted making the twins almost jump out of their skins, seeing Lorenzo who had barged in the room ready to swing the bat. He looked around frantically, seeing nothing out of order, lowering the bat slowly.

Anthony had his hand on his chest catching his breath," Damnit Renzo! You nearly gave us a heart attack!" He retorted as Marnie snickered feeling happy on how Lorenzo came running in worried about them.

The twins absolutely loved him, for always being protective of them, to even calling them whenever they are out after five. He really cared for them, and he would do anything to keep them safe and happy, that his role of guardian was already one of the twin's parent.

"Sorry, Renzo, I didn't mean to shout, its just Anthony said something crazy" Marnie stated making him roll his eye while Lorenzo looked at them both, curious what it would be but he knew he shouldn't intrude.

"Oh— Then I'll just—"

Wait!" Anthony and Marnie both said in sync stopping him from leaving the room.

"Renzo, I think we need you right now, so mind if you uh— Anthony said getting up from the chair, as he sat on Marnie's desk motioning for him to sit on the rolling chair.

He looked at them carefully, not sure if it was intruding their conversation, but then they both gave him the look of wanting him there, so he obliged. "Right, so what can I help you with?" He questioned as he sat looking at them both.

Marnie let out a sigh," Anthony said I'm falling in love with Fangs"

Lorenzo perked up at the sentence, it was no secret, in fact, he and a few of the older serpents had a feeling something might be going on between Marnie and Fogarty. Almost all of the serpents have suspected something to be going on—all except for Marnie.

"Do you like Fogarty?" Lorenzo asked, and Anthony peered to his sister curious if she had an answer to the question.

Although, both of the males just got a confused look from her, as she slightly tilted her head," Why do people keep asking me that?"

"People?" Her brother asked as she nodded

"Yeah, Toni, Pea, Jug even Andrews and Mantle asked me that. Actually, a bunch of people I never spoke to in school, come up to me asking if I liked Fangs"

"How did you reply to it?" Anthony asked as Marnie raised an eyebrow

"Uh, that I do?" Marnie meant it as a friend, but to everyone else, they must have taken that as in more than friends," I mean, he is my friend"

Anthony cleared his throat embarrassed for his sister, knowing that when they go back to school after the weekend, there will be so much more rumours.

"Well, Marnie, I don't know how to say this lightly, but I think it's obvious that you like him more than a friend" Lorenzo stated as Anthony continued with questions," M, do you like being around him?"

She instantly nodded," Of course, its fun being around him"

"Okay...how about this, if Fogarty started dating someone, how would you feel?" Lorenzo asked slowly as he discreetly looked at Anthony like he was asking through his eyes if that was too forward, but the twin gave him the look of 'it's a good question, it's okay'

Marnie scowled as she lifted her hand to her chest, a gesture she had been doing so often," I'd hate it" Both of the males tried to hide their smiles, they were getting progress.