CHAPTER FIFTY FOUR

It was only expected for the gang to be angry about Anthony just leaving

It was only expected for the gang to be angry about Anthony just leaving. Marnie understood it and didn't come to add in anything knowing they deserved to let out the anger.

Anthony had left with just a note that said 'I'll return' it was so simple and infuriating, but no one could stop him. The next day was the twin's birthday, and they were officially legal adults. The system no longer had them in their records, and with him leaving, no one could stop him.

As much as Lorenzo and Mia wanted to find him, they couldn't do anything he was now legally old enough to make his own decisions.

Then it came to school which was still in session, and their graduation was near, but Anthony Gomez was not going to be there.

Marnie had taken it hard but since crying on the day she last saw him. She hadn't shed a single tear since then. Instead, Marnie went each day with a smile. Mainly because of his last words.

She was going to see him again, within time. The gang had eventually stopped sharing their anger and disappointment, seeing how Marnie was being strong.

Anthony had left them, but for the most of it, they all finally started to see what Marnie had done. He needed this, and she did as well, so they all respected the twin's decision.

"How you been Kevin?" Marnie asked as she sat next to him in the student lounge," Well physically I'm okay, emotionally? I'm a wreck" He responded looking up from his book that he closed," How about you?"

"I been doing okay, not great—but just okay" She mumbled," I want to ask a lot of things but I told myself not to"

Kevin put his hand on her own," I do as well, but something tells me that it's better if we save it until he comes back"

"Whenever that is" She started making him sigh," I know it's hard, heck he is your brother, and for me he's just—well, honestly we haven't made it official" Marnie looked at him," Oh Kev—"

"Nope" He raised his finger to her mouth," For the sake of my sensitive emotions, let's just be patient. No matter how long it takes, I'll wait for him" She nodded leaning on her palm," Yeah, we'll wait, even if it sucks, we'll wait as long as it takes"

"Exactly—Hey look I know you are trying to be strong, but Marnie—You should know it's okay to be weak sometimes, it's okay to cry and share your frustrations"

"What brought that up?" She asked and he chuckled," Well for one, your friends and boyfriend"

"What about them?" She raised an eyebrow," They are your rock, especially Fangs, so don't put a wall in front of them. They will be there for you, just like how my friends are for me. I know you are happy, but I also know that you share a lot of unhappiness, talk to them or maybe just Fangs, without this tough front. Once you do, you'll feel this heaviness just disappear. It's how I can go each day without having to fake my smile, a lot like how you are doing."

Marnie stayed silent at his words and kept that silence when they departed. She had a lot of growing up to do, and acting like everything okay—it not the answer. It's far from it. Kevin's advice was the start of the many steps she needed to take in growing up.