CHAPTER FORTY FIVE

"Yes, I know, but I promise you—Yes, I—Yes Renzo, I know where—No she won't be—She will be fine!" Anthony dropped his phone as he continued to drive

"No one likes an angry Lorenzo, Anthony why don't you just tell him the truth?! He has the right to know everything" Jughead spoke up from the back seat.

"If I tell him, he'll tell FP and then everyone will know, and the last we need is the law on our ass. The Serpents had enough being treated like garbage, and if the whole lot of them get involved, you can already see the rest of the law enforcement trying to use the opportunity to make them the scoundrels they want them to be"

None of them argued back knowing full well on how much the southside was just sitting in the hot seat, waiting to be picked at for even the slightest of flaw to be used as their ticket to the slammers.

"The Serpents is our family, and the last I want for them is to be behind bars for my own cowardice. I did the one thing they taught us to never do, and look at where it got you guys and my sister"

"You were only 14, Anthony, you were just scared" Pea spoke up," Heck I'm still a coward today, and I'm 17!" Anthony frowned and shook his head," I was raised to never do this"

"It's all a part of being human, we all are heavily flawed" Toni spoke up from the passenger seat," I lied to all of you" He commented

"Yeah, we get that, but that doesn't mean we write you off. Sure, we are angry you did, but that's the whole point of looking forward. You prove to us that it'll never happen again, and realize that you're not alone in all of this. It may have seemed like it was years ago, but it's the present and you got to stop living in that past of cowering in the corner. Over the past months, I can guarantee that the Anthony we knew, despite the lies, is the real Anthony" Fangs alleged and then ended with a chuckle," Okay, not going to lie, but I sounded just like Marnie for a moment there."

"Tell me about it" Pea rolled his eyes," I swear, I thought you were her, for a moment"

"Really? I thought he was being more of Jug" Toni teased making said male huff," No, I prefer bigger words with a dash of insults" He added

"I wish Marnie and I met you all years ago, and I can bet none of this would have happened in the first place" Anthony confessed making them all go silent.

"Nah" Pea waved his hand," I think if we met years ago, we'd be in a mess with the law. I mean Sweet Pea, Toni and Fangs years ago, were hot messes" Toni and Fangs laughed "That is until Jug came into the picture" Toni admitted turning to the boys," Or well, maybe it got worse"

"Oi!" The sound of laughs filled the car, just to lighten the tension, and to take their minds of whatever awaits them with Dylan. Anything could happen and that almost meant someone can get hurt.