CHAPTER FORTY THREE

"I never believed in twin telepathy, but I'm starting to think it's real" Anthony teased as he sat next to his sister

"I never believed in twin telepathy, but I'm starting to think it's real" Anthony teased as he sat next to his sister. He looked around their surroundings and half smiled," I'd never thought of all the places you'd choose to ponder about the beyond would be here"

Marnie chuckled at his words as she ran her hands on the porch she was sat on. She was currently at their old childhood home, and despite it being the place where the gang and she got kidnapped she still chose this of all place.

"My legs just brought me here" Marnie mumbled," I know we didn't react so much about finding out Mia and Renzo being our parents, but I guess it's only hitting me now"

He snorted bumping his shoulder on her own," You and me both M, I'm not mad just really—"

"Overwhelmed?" She added and he nodded," Yeah, and not only that but with everything that happened. I still feel like I can't breathe easily. In fact, I haven't ever since getting in the mess with Dylan"

Marnie looked at her brother keeping her silence not interrupting him," I've made the crappiest choices M, and god knows I could have done the right thing" He then shifted to look at her," I been a horrible brother and I lied to you. I know we can't just magically go back to when we didn't have those lies, but I don't know when that was Marnie"

"Anthony, I think even with the lies, we still had something real" She admitted," We both done things horrible—I almost ran away and got you hurt" Anthony sighed and grabbed her hand," I befriended someone who turned out to be completely messed up, no thanks to his father"

"We both messed up A" Marnie whispered as she tightened the hold on his hand and kept her eyes on him as he said his next words," This is where it all started but it will also where it all ends" Marnie had absorbed those words having a dreading feeling on what it meant.

"Anthony, I hate this—You are my other half, and even if we try and act like it's okay, it's not" Her voice cracked as tears formed," I want to just go back to when we had it simple"

"No" Anthony shook his head as he had a hand on her cheek," Marnie, nothing about our lives have ever been simple and—I think that is what we need to accept"

"I feel like I lost you Anthony" Marnie plead guilty," I don't know when, but after all of this, I felt like my eyes were open for the first time. We aren't the inseparable twins' people say we are. We are far from that A and I feel like we have been putting on that act"

"I know" Anthony breathed heavily," I know Marnie, but that doesn't mean we can't start over, apart."

"We shouldn't have to start over, especially being Siblings" Marnie argued," We shouldn't have to start from scratch ever"

"Marnie Jean, just listen to me, okay?" He slightly raised his voice," I love you Marnie, so damn much and I hate that I even had to say that, but it's what we need. We both need this. We both need to grow without relying on each other"

Marnie stayed silent at her brothers' words, not having the strength to say anymore but just nod even if she didn't want to. For once, Anthony was being the twin who saw beyond the wall they had up.

"We'll find our way back to each other" was all he said kissing her forehead as he got up leaving her on the porch.

That was the last time she saw him, not much words had been said, but it was for the best for both of them.

"We'll find each other" She mumbled as she sobbed silent to herself, all the tears that finally had been waiting to be free.