CHAPTER TWENTY NINE

"Babe, how long are you going to stare at her?" Fangs whispered in Marnie's ear, having been sat next to her, for a few hours, just observing the girls her brother dated

"Babe, how long are you going to stare at her?" Fangs whispered in Marnie's ear, having been sat next to her, for a few hours, just observing the girls her brother dated. Marnie hated being paranoid, and she knew there would be a point that it was becoming a little too far, but she couldn't help it.

She was terrified, on the entire situation, as her brother lays in bed at the hospital. If she hadn't left during the weekend, it could have been avoided. Although, she knew it would be harsh to say out loud especially with how much her friends and family did it for her.

It was not something that could have been predicted, and it could have happened far worse than it did. Marnie sighed staring at the last girl on her list and realized she was starting to get really over the top.

"I—How do I stop myself from being like this?" Marnie whispered as she looked down, the reality was really hitting her, on how she hasn't been able to sleep, and she was sure the same went with Fangs. Since he would be next to her when she thrashed around the bed and just refuse to close her eyes, without—the created image her head made of her brother being stabbed.

"You can't stop it, Babe, until we find out who did this, there is nothing that can stop it" Fangs admitted, even if he hated having to say it, he knew that Marnie didn't want him to sugarcoat anything. She wanted brutal honesty, and besides, they were in a gang, that already made them targets in many things, so what use was it to lie to her.

"I feel like I'll become too unbearably intolerant with how I'm acting" Her voiced cracked, as she leaned on his shoulder," You sighed up for that" she whispered and her head lightly shook, from the chuckle that Fangs let out.

"Babe, the moment I saw you walk into the Wyrm, with a busted lip, and the look of confidence. I knew that you were special you know that?" She snickered pulling her head back," So, a girl with injuries interest you?"

"No" He shook his head," It was just you, when you walked in, the only thing in my head I thought about was 'Man, I want this girl'. It sounds a little cliché and like from one of those movies we watch, where the girl or guy has this monologue, but I just knew the moment I heard your laugh. I thought to myself, that I want to hear it more, and I will make it my goal to always hear it"

"If this is your way of making me feel better—I should be down more often," She said cheekily feeling most of the tension just slowly fade. She knew one thing at least from all of this—And that was Fangs just being there. He honestly didn't need to say anything, and just be there, it was enough for her. Though, what was she to brush off the sweet and loving words he tells her, that she wouldn't mind either.

"Even if your not down, I'll always tell you how much I feel for you, besides I prefer the smile on your face, it suits you" He said leaning forward and kissing her forehead," I'll be here, because I know when things get hard for me, you'll do just the same"