CHAPTER FORTY NINE

"Marnie, oh thank god" Lorenzo ran over to her as she fell into his arms in relief," Renzo," She said in a weak voice immediately crying in his arms

"Marnie, oh thank god" Lorenzo ran over to her as she fell into his arms in relief," Renzo," She said in a weak voice immediately crying in his arms. The exhaustion she pushed away had taken over as she slumped in his arms and all the tears she held back had fallen out.

FP walked over," Carry her out Renzo, she doesn't look fit enough to walk out on her own" She did have the energy to retort as she let him lift her in his arms. She turned her head to Dilton but then noticed he was not there," Dilton?" She whispered and FP looked at her," What?"

"Dilton—He was just here, he was with—" Lorenzo looked down to her," Marnie no one was here with you"

"Yes, he was! He was right there standing next to me!" She raised her voice and FP shook his head," Marnie, they found Dilton Doiley dead a few days ago" She almost fainted at his words," No" she said softly," He was—I"

Lorenzo sighed as he walked with her in his arms," I'm not crazy, he was there" She looked up at her guardian and he took a glance at her," It's okay Marnie, your alright—Just close your eyes. You need it" She rebutted but the heaviness of her eyes was taking over as she took in the comfort of being in his arms knowing she was safe.

As she drifted to sleep, her mind was just thinking about Dilton—She was sure he was there...Or maybe it was just her mind that created him, or maybe his spirit helped her. She had so many questions, but she fell into darkness finally getting the much-needed sleep.

FP walked alongside Lorenzo looking to Marnie who fell asleep," I don't understand why he surrendered so easily" He said in a low voice." The kid took her captive for a long time to just surrender himself"

"The kid probably has something going on in his head, I mean did you see the way he acted?" Lorenzo looked at FP," He seemed like a child that was lost, and it was not an act. I could see it in his eyes"

"He had a horrible childhood, and he killed his brother and maybe other people and it must have triggered something in him to just snap. Then that Midge girl—She was just a case of an insane obsession for someone she could never have" FP stated

"And obsession that drove her this far?" Lorenzo question and FP took a breath as they walked out of the building as the lights of the police cars filled their vision," It's because their parents hid so much from them. Marnie and Anthony deserve to know everything about their parents, they are good kids, and I'd hate for their parents' secrets to trigger something like it did with Dylan"

Lorenzo walked over to the ambulance that they had for her. He looked at her for a moment before handing her to them. He sighed as he handed her over and looked at FP," How am I going to tell them that their parents weren't really their parents?"

FP looked to him putting a hand on his shoulder," They deserve to know the truth, all of it"