CHAPTER TWENTY THREE

"I'm curious" Marnie stopped walking as she turned to Fangs

He looked at the smile on her face and frowned instantly," I don't like that smile" Fangs had come to learn of three smiles Marnie had, happy, angry and I know something interesting and I want answers, and it was definitely the last one.

"What? What's wrong with my smile?" Marnie pouted at him

Fangs scrunched his nose," Okay, what are you curious about Marnie Jean, please enlighten me"

She grinned at him," So, how many teen magazines did you have to read to make this weekend happen?" She said teasingly.

He gaped at her insulted lifting his free hand to his chest," I feel offended how could you accuse me of such—" She kept staring at him, and he sighed," I swear, I bought the whole store out, the cashier at the store was staring at me, and I told myself I'm never shopping at that store ever again, even if I have to go to the next town just to get a tube of toothpaste"

Marnie looked up at him," You know, for what its worth, this weekend has been amazing, and I enjoyed every minute of it"

He looked down to her and froze," Really?"

"Well, I did enjoy the food, and the long walks, but tell me, that the whole tour on the nature sighting wasn't your cup of tea"

Fangs made a face and groaned," Oh god no, that was the worst part! Sweet Pea suggested that, and I'm only learning now that he is probably the worst in planning"

"I had a feeling Sweets was the one who thought of it, I mean we gotta admit, he is a softie for nature" Marnie teased as she took a hold of his hands walking backwards," But, despite that, my mind wasn't full of anything negative, and I wanted to say thank you for the past day and a half"

Fangs smiled leaning forward connecting their lips," We'll work out whatever is going on, okay? I'm not giving up after this trip and just forgetting why I took you out in the first place. Once we get back home, I'm going to be beside you, through thick and thin, and make sure to figure out what's going on in that pretty little head of yours"

"What did I do, to deserve someone as sweet as you Fogarty" Marnie whispered as she leaned her forehead on his lifting her hands on his cheeks," I'm so glad I came back to Riverdale, and not gave up on returning back to the place I thought I lost it all"

A chuckle rumbled through Fangs, as he caressed her cheek with his thumb "Marnie, you never lost anything, and you probably heard it a million times before, but your parents are always here, watching over you and your brother, just like my grandparents who raised me like their son. Even if they aren't here physically, they will always be here"

"I'm starting to think you are more of the writer than Jug is" She teased," But—You might just be right, it's about not what we see, but what we feel"

"Oh, Marnie, don't start going poetic on me, I'd feel like we break into some Shakespeare act"

Fangs pulled back making a face," I'm already traumatized enough with the musical I participated in, and I'd prefer not to start reciting my heart out"

She walked over wrapping her arms on his torso," You say that, but you are such a sop in romance films, I mean, I can never forget those tears you softie"

He chuckled at her as they continued to walk through the path that was lit up," That is only for you to know, it is our little secret, and don't even get me started on—"