CHAPTER NINETEEN

"You clean up nicely, I almost didn't recognize you" Marnie smiled as she opened the door to Fangs who wasn't in his usual attire

Instead, he was wearing a plain black button up and probably the only non-torn pair of jeans he owns. He rolled his eyes like he had heard her thoughts as he leaned over kissing her forehead.

"God forbid if Toni or Sweet Pea see me like this. I'll die of embarrassment" He whispered to her

She then snickered letting him in the house," Oh hush you—you look handsome, well not that you usually don't"

"I'm starting to think you only like me for my looks," He said jokingly

Marnie faked gasped," How did you figure that out?" She had raised her hands putting them on both cheeks.

It was everything that Marnie did that caused him to nearly fall to his knees, "Stop, or else I won't resist wanting to kiss you right now" Fangs whispered into her ear making her chuckled, as she looked around for Lorenzo or her brother. When she knew there were no prying eyes, she leaned forward connecting her lips with his making him hum.

He melted into the kiss, but the moment he really got into the kiss Marnie pulled back making him groan in frustration," Marnie..." He whined quietly knowing she was messing with him as he pulled her in his arms putting his head in her hair. She felt ticklish at the gesture causing her to giggle, and they both froze to the sound of someone clearing their throat, making them both pull back.

Standing there was Mia Hudson as she smirked at the couple in amusement "Mia!" Marnie shouted in eagerness as she ran over into her arms. Despite Mia being Her and Anthony's social worker, she was the closest besides Lorenzo to a parent figure.

"I'm sorry for interrupting the both of you" Mia teased as she wiggled her eyebrows at her pulling out of the hug, making Marnie smile waving for Fangs to walk over.

"Mia, this is Fogarty, but we call him Fangs, and Fangs this is Mia" She introduced them as they shook hands.

"I heard a lot of things about you Fangs," Mia said to him and he chuckled nervously

"Good things I hope?"

"Oh Definitely, especially FP, he always talks about how sweet you are" Fangs raised his eyebrows at hearing her talk about FP, and like she read his mind she laughed," FP and I go way back, we used to be classmates"

"What?!!?" Marnie shouted in shock, this was the first time she heard about this," You and I have a lot to talk about later" She pointed at her narrowing her eyes.

"Please tell me you have embarrassing stories about him" Fangs joked and Mia smirked

"Oh, I do, and I would be glad to tell you guys it all" She dismissed herself to find Anthony and Lorenzo wanting to give the couple time to themselves knowing they won't be able to later at dinner.

Marnie took Fangs' hand in hers as she beamed at him," Are you ready?"

He looked at her no longer feeling nervous," Hell yeah" He said happily as she laughed kissing him then pulling him along to join everyone else.