CHAPTER THIRTY SIX

It had been only a few days since they got their second hint, but somehow, Marnie felt like this was the last

It had been only a few days since they got their second hint, but somehow, Marnie felt like this was the last. It was hardly a game, but it was already tearing her apart from just the occurrences.

Her brother gets stabbed and then she confesses to him that her parents had died due to her being angry at her parents and lying to them. Her parents left the home in distress and worry, as they drove the drenched roads that were a result of a heavy downfall.

Marnie had not dreamt about that night when the law enforcement came through their doors, as they were held in the arms of just each other. Both so young and scared being told their parents had died, but because of her parent's status, as being gang members, it was not given lightly to their children.

You would think they would have been given the mercy of anguish and sympathy but the way they broke the news was not at all told easily, but rudely and almost with no care. Like the enforcement were puppeteers dangling their parents on strings, laughing and celebrating on the loss of two people who was gladly was ridden of the world.

"That is disgusting" Toni spat as Marnie explain her story to everyone, and she was making sure to really tell the details right to the last moment when Marnie lost the trust in feelings of sympathy.

"It was like they were just saying 'Sorry your parents died, but hey, on the Brightside, two fewer gang members we need to worry about" Marnie had her hands on her lap, as Fangs had his hand on her back running gently circles.

The words 'It was not your fault your parents died' were on the tip of the gang's tongues, as they wanted to say those words, but how could they, when they had no story to finish it to explain why. They all knew it wasn't her fault, but somehow, none of them could say it, like it was stuck in their throats and nearly painful to even spill.

"My childhood home" Marnie spoke up wanting to get rid of the silence that was surrounding them, the last she needed was for them to have an inner turmoil to comfort her. She could see it on their faces, as they tried to think of a way to cheer her up, but she knew there was going to be none of that until this game was over.

"What about it?" Pea asked leaning back in the booth as she folded his arms. She sighed," It makes sense on the 'Memory I want to forget', it's the only logical place that can fit the clue"

"Okay—but isn't your home, abandoned? I have a feeling something is just telling us not to go there" Jughead stated as he looked at her," Normally the abandoned places, are the ones we want to avoid"

"What choice do we have?" Marnie argued and Jughead frowned to her," We always have choices Marnie" She looked at him shaking her head "Not when our lives could be on the line"

"I know" Jughead sighed running a hand on his face, knowing how bad the idea was, but he just wanted this to be all over already, all of them did. It was hardly even weeks, and they all just wanted this weight off their shoulders to disappear.