Your eyes (Pein)

'Those eyes.' Pein thought as he watched you peacefully sleep in his arms. ' I wonder, what is it about them that made me feel so safe. So calm?'

He lightly caresses your cheek. By reflex, you scrunch your cheek for a second.

Pein watched in delight. He loved watching you sleep in his arms. It gave him time to appreciate your features up close. How your baby soft skin feels against him as he rubs your arm. Your peaceful face. Those soft kissable lips. And his favorite part, your eyes. Those beautiful eyes filled with pure innocence. It calmed him.

Every time he'd be worked up over something or upset, he'd just look you in those eyes and feels like everything's going to be ok.

It was those very eyes which gravitated him towards you. You worked in a bistro as a part-time University student. He was the manager of a local art gallery and just so happened to find your little bistro. He walked in and sat down near the door. It was still early in the morning so it wasn't many people there in the shop. In result, your manager took over the cash register while you took the orders. You sashayed over to his table and asked him what he'd like. He looked up at your and froze for a moment. It was a bit awkward but he composed himself. He said he'd just have ice coffee with a muffin. And the rest is history.

You two started off as friends and he's often come to you with his frustrations feeling as though you're a good listener and would help him calm him down. And you did. Not with your words exactly but those charming eyes of yours. You felt happy, almost as if everything was going to be fine.

When it came time for you guy's first kiss, he cupped your cheeks in his soft hands and looked at you straight in your eyes. He remembers they were sparkling so much. Full of anticipation. He slowly pulled you closer to him and kissed you. He now makes it a point to cup your cheeks and look you in your eyes before he kisses you.

He loved you and he loves how you'd make him feel. And for that, he'd never leave you.

"Mm Pein? W-What time is it?" You awoke asking him in your raspy voice. "How long was I out?" You blinked over and over until your vision became clear.

"Not long enough." He said giving you a half smile. "You look beautiful."

"I look terrible." You joked.

"Not to me." He bent down and put his lips to your forehead. "You'll always look perfect to me."