You were Beautiful (Madara)

Madara sat in his office finding himself in a familiar state of mind. Once again, he was deep in thought about you. Missing your touch, your smile, your presence...

Ever since he left you, all he could think about was you. You and your loving smile, how you could always tell what's wrong with him and would always say the right things to make him feel alright.

"That doesn't matter now.." he mumbled to himself. He leaned back further in his chair staring at a picture of you and him.

'What went so wrong?' he would always question himself. Things were so great. You two laughed together, cried together, comforted one another... And yet.

You weren't here.

Why is that?

Well, it's actually his fault. He's the one who broke up with you. He's the one who wanted it to end. He's the one who fell for someone, he thought, was greater.

And yet, here he was, thinking about you.

What triggered him was seeing you on the train. You sat right across from his and his new beau. He didn't realize at first but once you two locked eyes, his laughter immediately fell flat. The woman looked over at you but he quickly diverted her attention. He didn't want to make it even more awkward than it is.

He avoided your stares and laughed awkwardly at the woman's story the rest of the time.

He felt you looking at him from time to time, which made him even more nervous. He couldn't focus on the woman right in front if him because of you. The one he left behind. And that bothered him to no end.

Nearing the end of your stop, you gathered your things and got up. Though, as the doors began to open, you stopped in your tracks and called his name.

"Madara.." your voice flowed through his ears like honey. Both the woman and him looked at you.

You turned to look at him and the woman and..smiled?

"Thank you." And with that, you gracefully left them to their growing confusion with a little pep in your step.

"Madara-kun, who was that?" His current love asked.

He was at a loss of words. He couldn't even hear himself think because of his heart beating so fast.

"Madara." She shook him from his blank stare.

"Y-Yes she.. was someone a knew a while ago." He reassured her and straightened himself out, "Don't dwell on it Yuriko-san." He forced a smile. She was hesitant but continued on with the conversation.

After that day, all he could think about what you aid. What made you thank him and what for? He hated he didn't know what you meant and he hated it even more he couldn't ask you.

"What was she alluding to? This is too frustrating.. I need some air." He concluded. He got up, grabbed his coat, and told his secretary where he was going just in case anyone wanted to know.

The sun brightened his skin to a healthy tan as soon as he stepped in it turned back to dull pale as soon as he stepped out of it. He chuckled at the subtle metaphor nature gave him.

'Bright when she came in, dull when she left huh..' He thought.

He plopped down on a bench  next to someone, leaving much room of course, feeding the birds. Soon after, he felt a buzz in his pocket and pulled out his phone. It was a text message from Yuriko.

"Dinner at my place tonight! I got a little surprise desert for you after." She said.

He replied back saying, "ok, see you when I get off." ,turned the phone off, laid back, and let out a heavy sigh.

"..Long day?"

"That's the thing, my day just-" he stopped mid sentence once he saw who the voice belonged to.

It was you. You with your beautiful tan skin, those alluring eyes that could put him in a trace, beautiful hair that nobody else could style and pull off.. it was you.

"Hi Madara.."

"Y/N.. why.. this is awkward."

"Mm.. maybe for you." You shot back. He looked as if you grew two heads.

"What do you mean..to me?"

"Well," you continued to feed the birds, "I'm not really uncomfortable to be honest. Not as much as I would have been a few months ago."

"A few months ago...right. it has been  what size months since we've past seen each other?" He reminded himself.

"Exactly." You replied.

"Right."

There was a clear awkward atmosphere in the air between you two, mostly due to him, you decided to get out of there before something anything else happens. So you have the last piece of bread to the birds, whipped the crumbs off, and prepared yourself to walk away.

"Wait, Y/N, before you leave.."

You stopped and turned around to face him. "What is it?"

Him, still not look at you but forward, asked you his burning question. "Back  on the train, probably don't remember this but, what did you mean by.. thanking me?"

You sighed softly and sat back down. "..I remember quiet well. It's the very  reason how I'm able to look at you directly into your eyes and not feel anything negative about me.. about you.. about us."

"Which is..?" He asked finally looked at you.

"I'm thankful for the memories we shared. The good, the bad..all of it. It made me better. And I don't regret a single thing that happened between us."

Madara was speechless. At the moment, he couldn't wrap his head around your answer. You could tell he was a bit confused and chuckled a little.

"Goodbye Madara," you, once again, got up and walked. " We were beautiful."

He sat and watched you leave until you were no longer in sight. Your words ran through his mind countless of times. Though he couldn't understand your reasoning, he did understand one thing.

"You.. were beautiful."