Chapter 2: Mew

Author's Note: I had to change their last names since the setting is not necessarily Thailand.  It's now Mew Bennett and Gulf McQueen. :-)

-----------------------------------------------------

This is a waste of time. I've read the annual report for McQueen Enterprises and the only way to save this company is to acquire it then sell it for scraps. The company should have declared bankruptcy a year ago.

"Ben, can you please drop me off on the side entrance? I don't want to cause a ruckus in the front."

"Yes, Mew."

Ben has been with me ever since I can remember. He's closer to me than my actual father.

"Do you want me to wait for you?"

"No need. I'll get a room in this hotel."

————-
As I was walking to the entrance, I looked at the chandelier looming above the main lobby. I am still in awe of how grand this hotel is. Mr McQueen must have heard that I like this hotel that's why he's doing the event here. I don't understand why he has to have a fund raising event when his company is in shambles and he can just sell it for good, but since I am interested in some parts of his company, I am attending anyway.

"Ouch."

"Careful." We said simultaneously. I bumped into someone.

"Yeah you were the one walking with your eyes at the ceiling."

I looked in front to see someone trying to loosen his tie, his head bowed down and looking so uneasy. Then he looked directly at me.

My. World. Just. Stopped.

"Cat got your tongue?" Then he raised his brow turned around and walked away. I had my mouth gaping open to say something to stop him or whatever, but nothing came out. I just saw the most gorgeous person I have ever seen in my entire life. I was stuck in my place until he completely disappeared.

"Excuse me Sir, can I help you?" That was the receptionist.

"Yes." I walked to the reception area with my eyes glued to where he disappeared. "Is your penthouse available for 3 nights?"

"Yes Mr Bennett, our VIPs can use it whenever they want." Then the receptionist flipped her hair.

The receptionist is clearly flirting. "I'm not interested in women."

She blushed. "No Sir. I know Sir. Here's your keycard."

I smiled sweetly to lessen her embarrassment. "Thank you, my dear," then I continued on to the private elevator for the penthouse.

5 years ago, I wasn't as bold. I used to be in denial but after my best friend left me, I decided to be true to myself and just put the truth out in the open. Now, whenever some woman try to approach me, I set them straight right away to avoid complications. If only I am a man's magnet as much as I am a woman's, I'd be getting laid more often. Men see me as either a competition or just fear me. Those who are brave enough though, fall harder and becomes a problem in the end.

------------------------

I stayed in the suite for a while, intentionally waiting for 30 minutes to pass before going down to the event. I am playing this strategically. The less interested Mr McQueen thinks I am, the more he becomes nervous. I need that to my advantage.