Chapter 41: Olive

Author's Note: The breather we all needed.

Seconds turned to minutes. Minutes turned to hours. Hours turned to days. Days turned to weeks. Weeks turned to months.

1 month.

2 months.

3 months.

Time flies by faster when work is hectic.

"Come on Mew. I deserve these vacation leaves. I've been fighting for a leave ever since I started working here. I deserve a month's vacation." I said to Mew with conviction.

Mew's arms are crossed in front of him. He is suppressing a smile. "I didn't imagine 3 months of me roaming out of town will turn you into a spitfire."

I stomped my feet, "Be reasonable please. Josh and I are going to have our honeymoon outside the country. Two weeks is not enough."

I am going to fight tooth and nail for my personal life. Being holed up here for months turned me into a mini-Mew.

"You're asking for too much. I just promoted you. We have multiple projects that need your attention." He said calm as ever. It is very irritating.

"I promise I'll work double when I come back." I said.

"Excuse me----"

Mew and I turned to Jella at the door and said in unison, "What?!"

Jella is the new executive secretary. I am now promoted as the Head of Project Development and now occupies Gulf's old office.

"Ummm, Sir Josh called to tell you that you and Sir Mew has to be in the rehearsal in 30 minutes." Jella said timidly.

I smiled softening my tone, Mew sometimes makes me forget where I came from. "Thank you so much Jella. You can have your break while we're at the rehearsals. You need it badly."

Jella's smile widened, "Thank you Ma'am." Then she hurriedly went off.

Mew looked at me incredulously, "Don't forget that I am still the boss here Olive."

I smiled at Mew. I am 100 percent sure now that his threats to fire me are just empty threats. He can't bear to let me go. "Of course I know. Come now, you need to be present at the rehearsals too."

"Can I just go to the actual wedding? It's just walking anyway." He said.

My expression became somber, "I want my wedding to be perfect Mew."

He closed his eyes and breathed deep, then he stood up. "After my part, I'll leave right away."

I smiled, "Of course." Little did he know.....

---------------------------

We arrived just in time. Josh smiled at me when he saw me and waved. I chose a garden wedding. I wanted to be surrounded by flowers. Mew is beside me feeling out of place. He looks very much uninterested. "Can you at least pretend to be happy for me?" I said upon seeing his so-done-face.

"Did I arrive on time?"

Someone said behind me. Mew froze beside me.

I turned around and smiled so wide, "Gulf!" I hugged him so tight. "I missed you so much."

"Haha! We just saw each other last month Olive," he said.

"Well that was a long time ago for me." I said still hugging him. My head turned to Mew. He is fixing his tie. "Mew aren't you going to say hi?"

I let go of Gulf. Mew turned to Gulf and nodded in acknowledgement. Gulf was not having it. He moved closer to Mew and hugged him. He can't seem to stop himself. Mew looks so surprised. He, on instinct hugged back. Then he moved his hands away from Gulf's back just as fast.

I suppressed a smile. I would love nothing more than to see them get back together.

The three months they were apart was also hard for me. I have witnessed Mew in his ugliest self. No one wants to talk to him in the office. He became the coldest Mew I have ever known. I witnessed him fight with a partner. I witnessed him degrade two employees about slacking at work. Then I witnessed him transform. I witnessed him getting calmer, getting more accepting, getting more relaxed and at ease with himself. He went back to singing. When he has time and he is in town, he would join the Friday night sessions. The greatest transformation I have witnessed is how he treats me. He has become more patient, more like a mentor and a brother. The angst I was used to before slowly mellowed down. It's still there but it's more balanced now.

As for Gulf, he became more responsible, more in tune of others, less insecure, more confident. He thinks about his future now, about where he wants to go, about the things he wants to explore. He talks about the more permanent things he wants to happen in his life. He started to have plans. He also appreciates what he has now and makes sure he doesn't take anything for granted. He hasn't stopped thinking about Mew, that much is evident. The few times we met, he would talk about his memories with Mew. Mew's musical intruments, Mew's love for stars, Mew's shoe collection, Mew's cooking skills. He doesn't look sad when he talks about him anymore. He looks hopeful. He has learned a few things for Mew too. He said he is preparing for his new found talents to get Mew back when Mew is ready.

"Hey, we need to start the rehearsal." Josh said beside me.

"Yeah, we're coming." I looked at the two idiots in front of me. "You are my only principal sponsors so you'll walk down the isle together. Got it?" I asked.

Both nod their heads in unison. They both look awkward now standing next to each other.

Author's Note: Imma rest now. I just did this chapter so you all stop crying... for a while.