Chapter 6: Mew

At the Weeds Resort reception area, "This is your keycard Sir." The lady handed me 1 keycard.

"I booked for 2 elite rooms Miss," I said while looking at Gulf who is eyeing girls loitering by the pool.

"I'm sorry Sir, but a reservation was only made for 1 elite lover's room." The receptionist looks as serious as I am.

"Hold on a minute." I signalled to her with my finger while I got my phone to call my secretary.

Ring. Ring.

"Olive."

"Hi Sir. Have you arrived at the resort safely?" She sounds exceptionally happy.

"How many rooms have you booked?"

"1 elite lover's room as you instructed." I tightened my hand in the phone as I see Gulf approaching me.

"I instructed you 2 separate elite rooms."

"No Sir. You said to book you an elite room for two which has always been the case when you are accompanied by someone else." I closed my eyes and inhaled deeply.

"Okay Olive. Thank you."

"Always at your service Sir. Bye." I locked the phone and released the breath I was holding.

I looked at the receptionist again, "Can I book an additional room?"

"I'm afraid we're fully booked until the 22nd Sir. The Lover's Moon Festival is fast approaching and a lot of tourists visit the region at this time of the year.

"What's the problem Mew?" Gulf asked beside me.

"There seems to be a misunderstanding Gulf. They only have one room available." I said, already trying to find a solution in my mind.

I looked at the receptionist again, "Do you know any other resorts close by where we can stay the night?"

"There is another resort 10 kilometers from here but it's not close to the sea as we are."

Obviously.

"Hey, we can stay at 1 room, I can always sleep at the couch if it bothers you."

I raised my brow, "It doesn't."

"That's great then. We can stay here." Then he faced the receptionist smiling, "Thank you Miss. Can you please inform us if anyone cancels their reservation or if anyone checks out early?"

The receptionist looked startstruck. "I definitely will Sir. Always at your service."

"Come on Mew." Gulf said pulling my luggage with him.

The rooms at the resort are nipa huts lined up like bungalows. To go to our room, we have to walk to the garden and pass by other nipa huts nestled in between tall coconut trees. After walking in the brickstone and passing 10 small nipa huts, we arrive at our room.

I inserted the keycard and the light automatically turned on. There in the middle of the room is the honeymooner's bed with 2 towels formed into 2 kissing swans on top with scattered rose petals all over the bed. I was stuck in my place. Gulf, oblivious to the sight entered.

"Hahaha! so you reserved a lover's  room." Gulf is laughing so hard.

Heat came up to my face, "It's my secretary not me."

"I'm kidding Mew. Relax, no harm done." He kept on laughing while he was saying that. He roamed the place. "There is even a jacuzzi here. Hahaha! Can I bring girls here?"

Girls? I'm speechless.

Gulf  peeked at me from the bathroom, "Mew, can I bring girls here?"

"No. Let's not mix business with pleasure."