Chapter 7: Gulf

"Item 1: Find the most romantic restaurant here and reserve dinner for tomorrow. Item 2: Make a list of gifts that a 22-24 year old man might be interested at. Item 3: Attend the exhibit and take pictures of all the fabrics that will be displayed. Research the fabrics origin and how they are made-----"

My subconciious mind is hearing things.

"Yes Olive."

Someone is talking.

"Yes Olive, this is for your career growth. You are my executive secretary, unless you want to be demoted."

Mew is disturbing my sleep.

"I know you can. I need you to get back to me for the first two items no later than lunch tomorrow."

"Who are you talking to?" I murmured, slowly opening my eyes.

"You're awake." I see Mew freshly showered.

"Yes. Are we going out?" I want to continue sleeping.

"That's the plan. The sunset here is the best."

I dragged myself off the bed. "By the way,  if you're having dinner tomorrow, leave the keycard with me."

"I'm having dinner with you tomorrow."

"Huh? Don't you have a date? I heard you talk to your secretary."

"Right. I want to have a date with you." Well that just woke me up.

"Come again man?" I said while I fished for clothes in my backpack.

"I'm gay Gulf." I paused what I am doing and looked at him.

"What are you talking about?"

He has his hands in his pocket. His handsome face serious as ever. "I am gay. I like men. Right now, I like you and want to pursue you."

I am shocked. I sat down on the couch. "Are you joking?"

"I don't do jokes."

"You're telling me this now after we are holed up together here." I don't even know how to feel about this.

"I can stay at another resort if that will make you comfortable."

"Didn't you here the receptionist, its The Moon Lover's Festival season."

"Can I stay here then?" He asked so relaxed.

"I like women Mew, I may not do girlfriends but I don't see myself liking men."

"I understand, just don't bring girls here and let me take you out to dinner tomorrow."

What do I say to that. I paused for a while thinking. "Okay, Mew. As long as you know your boundaries, everything's good."

"Thanks. I'll wait in the lobby while you prepare." Then he walked out the room.

I took a shower and went to the lobby bringing the camera with me not really thinking about what Mew said. I am an easy going person, I wouldn't dwell nor overthink things. As long as he keeps his distance, it's fine with me.

I see him lounging in the couch. He really doesn't look like he belongs here. He needs some fun in his life. He looked up seeing me approach. He signalled for me to come over. This confident strong man is gay, who would have thought.

"What's the plan?" I said when I am of hearing distance.

"We can just walk by the shore. You can take pictures if you want. Then we'll have dinner here and discuss about the pictures you will be taking."

He stood up and started walking out of the lobby. We arrived at the shore shortly after.

"Wow!"

"Best sunset right?"

I took out my camera and started snapping photos. The shore stretched as far as I can see. The froth of the waves as it touches the shore is as white as the sand. From afar, I can see small sailboats with colorful designs which looks more majestic with the blue-yellow-orange-red sunset peeping at the background. Just a few people are loitering here, mostly lovers, mostly holding hands. A lovers' haven indeed.

I looked at my left and see Mew walking farther, then he looked at the sunset.  I took pictures of him. His side profile looks so calm. His stance so strong. Then he turned to me. When he saw me taking his pictures, he waved and smiled. A full blown smile. A smile than can melt. This is the first time I saw him smile and my God, if I am a woman, I would have fallen on my knees.

I kept taking his pictures while he walked closer to me, his smile getting bigger, his eyes crinkling up, his cheeks getting rosy and he is baring his perfect white teeth. He is every photographer's dream.

"Hey, stop it." He said while covering the lens of my camera.

"You should smile more often Mew." I said and smiled myself.

He looked at me intently. I'd pay to know what he's thinking right now. "I just might," he said.

We walked farther in silence. Me taking pictures of the sunset, of lovers holding hands, the waves, the dancing coconut trees and even of a few locals  roaming around selling their sea shell accessories.

After thirty minutes, we decided to have dinner.

"Do they have anything that's not seafoods? I am allergic to seafood." I said while scanning the resort's menu.

Mew signalled for a waiter. "Do you have anything that's not seafoods?" He asked.

"We have Sir, but it's not on the menu and it needs to be pre-ordered so we can prepare beforehand." Hmmm, I might just eat  a salad.

"What will it take for you to serve us that tonight?" Here goes Mew and his demands.

"What he's trying to say is, is there a way for us to be served this special menu tonight? We can pay extra and are willing to wait." I interjected to avoid any misunderstanding with the waiter.

"Ummmm, I can ask the chef Sir. I'll be back." Then off he went.

I looked at Mew, "Are you always this rash?"

"I am not rash Gulf. I am just being direct." He said raising his brow.

"I don't even know how you run a business, a successful one at that with this attitude," I murmured.

"I do not need to interact that much. Online business do not necessarily need a lot of face to face interaction. That's why I ventured into it," he said matter of factly.

I looked at him, about to say something when the waiter interrupted.

"Sir, we can serve you steak tonight." The waiter said.

I smiled, "That's great news. Mew, would you also like some steak?"

He is typing something on his phone, "Yes, please." I smiled, this man.

"Two steaks please and some red wine. We'll just call you again if we have additional orders.

The waiter went feeling relieved.

----------------------------------------------

During dinner, "So what do you want me to shoot Mew?"

"Yes about that. Tomorrow we are going to a pineapple plantation. I'd like you to highlight the plantation, their customs and how they make their pineapple fibres."

"Pineapple fibres?" That's interesting.

"Yes Gulf. This region is known for their pineapple fibres. This type of fibre may not be famous because of how conservative the people are here, but I plan to let the world know about it through my business. Your photos will be featured in the business online app. I also need you to take pictures of the products they craft using this fibre."