Chapter 37: Mew

Here I am again outside Gulf's place for the nth time.It's been more than a week since he read the letter. He hasn't budged. Every morning I would drop packed lunches outside his place. I have respected the space he asked but still hoping we can move past this. He had been working from home, even after the strong paint smell in his office was gone. It's either I allow him work from home or he takes a vacation leave. I chose him working from home so I can take tabs of him. The weekend passed by in a blur. I did the same routine, dropped some food in his doorstep then bug Olive to make sure he picks it up.

I knocked at his door, "Gulf, I left your favorite food outside. Please take care of yourself today." I waited for him to reply. I am not suprised he doesn't. I already expected it.

"I'll go now Gulf." I said then went ahead to the office.

As I went down the stairs, my phone rang. I checked right away.  It might be Gulf. I looked down the screen. Jeremy.

He just doesn't know when to stop. He keeps on calling me everyday. I can't even take a breather.  Then I stopped on my tracks. What if Gulf feels this way towards me? What if he really doesn't want to see me like I don't want to see Jeremy? What if.......Shit! I sat down on the stairs. This has come full circle. All these thoughts are playing tricks on me. Is this karma? No Mew, don't overthink things again. You love Gulf, Gulf loves you. Stick to these thoughts. Jeremy's case was different. You were blindsided then. Gulf knew your intentions from the very start. There was no gray area between you two. These are the facts.

Right. I am staying strong. I'll find a way to reach out to him. I always find a way.

---------------------------------

"Olive" I said as I got out of the elevator.

"Good morning Sir Mew." She said smiling, trying to lift my spirits.

"You know the drill." I said. She nodded.

Every morning when I arrive at the office, she would call Gulf to make sure that the packed lunches are picked up from his doorstep. I also make sure that Olive would ask about Gulf's condition from time to time. If he eats well, about his mood, if he sounds happy or angry, frustrated, the conditions of him working from home, anything else he need, all this fucking stuffs I want to do but can't because Gulf won't talk to me.

I am trying to concoct something to expedite this situation and I'm at my wits ends. I hope my plan works.

I pressed the intercom, "Yes Sir Mew."

"Olive can you come here please." I said, I need her to do something for me.

She went in snappily. "Yes Sir."

I looked at her, I have always admired her tenacity. What she lacks in work skills, her optism makes up for. "I need your help."

She sat down in the chair in front of my desk, "Finally, I have been waiting for you to ask for my help Sir. I think Sir G will really appreciate it if you sing for him tomorrow night. It's Friday  chill night tomorrow. I can lure him out of his place and bring him at the bar and you can suprise him there."

If my mood wasn't that gloomy, I would have laughed at Olive. "I just need your help clear out my schedule  for today and tomorrow Olive. That's all."

"Oh," She said quite embarrassed.

"But I like your idea. If my first plan doesn't work, I might take up your suggestion" I said, hoping that it doesn't come to that. "Oh and by the way, how's Gulf?"

"He sounded fine Sir. He already picked up the packed lunch." Olive said.

"Did he ask for me? Or about me?" I asked so I can hurt myself more.