Chapter 18: Mew

"Good morning Sir Mew." That's Olive with her usual happy self.

"Good morning Olive, is your Sir G already here?" I asked.

"Yes Sir. He's in his office." I am on my way to his office when Olive stopped me, "Umm Sir, he has a visitor. You may want to wait before you come in."

That's weird. I looked at my watch. It's not even 8am. "Who can visit him at this hour Olive?"

"Well, she looks like she came here from the airport. She still has her luggage with her." Olive is twisting her pen which she does when she's nervous.

"Olive.... what is it?" I asked.

"Well, ummm. Nothing Sir. It looked personal to me." That got me more curious. I walked to his office, to feed my curiousity.

"Sir, really not a good idea, you might see something you shouldn't."

I tried to open the door. It's locked. I went back to Olive and looked at her intently.

"Explain Olive."

"Ummmm." She's really nervous now.

'Don't wait for me to ask again."

"Ummm. Well, when she saw Sir G, she clung to him and kissed him like you know really kissed him, like when you're more than fr----."

"Stop. I get it." Not even 48 hours, he does this. I went to my office and locked myself.

Compose yourself Mew, she could just be a long lost best friend.

Not even thirty minutes, I pressed the intercom, "Olive, are they still locked inside?"

"Yes Sir. Do you want me to do something?"

"No need." I can text him, that should be normal.

Mew: Gulf, busy?

After five minutes, he replies.

Gulf: Sorry Mew, can we talk later?

Mew: Lunch maybe?

Gulf: Will pass on lunch.

Around 9, my intercom beeped. "Yes Olive?"

"Sir they just went out. I wasn't able to talk to Sir G though. They were in a hurry."

"It's okay Olive. Thank you for informing me."

Around lunch, I pressed the intercom again. "Olive?"

"Yes Sir?"

"Is he back?"

"No Sir, can I take my lunch now?"

"Of course Olive, go ahead."

I haven't been able to do anything in the morning. I feel myself snapping. The moment I met Gulf, I already decided to be perfect for him and that means changing myself to be better. Being selfless, understanding, accommodating and patient is getting really hard though.

I heard some movements outside. It could be Gulf. I went out to check and see Gulf entering his office. I followed him.

I knocked then opened the door just in time for him to sit down. "Where were you?"

He looked up, "Out."

"Olive said you had a visitor this morning."

"Yeah. An old friend from the UK. It's been a while since we saw each other so she dropped by to say hi."

"I see. Does saying hi include getting your collar smeared with lipstick?"

He looked at me, "Are you insinuating something Mew?"