Chapter 28: Mew

(Author's Note: This is not yet R-18.)

"Let's be logical about this Mew." Gulf said sounding frustrated trying to convince me in front of my office desk.

I have my arms crossed in my chest looking at him with a stoic face. "We already agreed about this."

"Yes, that's why I want you with me when she has her check up." Gulf said.

"That's a family thing Gulf, you're not even the father." I said patiently.

"Correction Mew, I may not even be the father. That means it could still be me," Gulf corrected me.

"Why are you so hung up on that possibility Gulf? And can you please sit down." I said, starting to have a headache looking at him standing up.

"She is alone Mew. She has no one here." He said.

"And you propose to be the one? Is that what you're saying?" I said.

"No. For the nth time Mew. I just want to help." He said sitting in the chair in front of my desk.

"If you really want to help, we can give her money so she can go back in the UK." I said convinced that's the most logical thing to do.

"She has no one there too Mew." He said.

"So I am right then, you are proposing to be the one to take care of her." I said starting to feel something tinge inside my chest. "Will she always be an issue to us Gulf?"

Gulf stood up and walked around the desk towards me, then he kneeled at my side and swerved my office chair so we face each other. He uncrossed my arms and held both my hands on top of my knees. "We will accompany her to the doctor. That will be the last time we will both be seeing her Mew." He said assuring me.

"Ummmm excuse me Sir G." We both looked at Olive peeping by the door.

"Yes Olive," Gulf said still kneeling.

"Ummm, the women who came here before to see you is back. She said you have an appointment?" Olive said alternately looking at me and Gulf.

I looked at Gulf, "The appointment is now? You didn't tell me beforehand."

"Well I didn't want you to think about it before you really have to." Gulf reasoned.

I feel my patience dwindling. Gulf tricked me. "She can come here at the office but she can't go to the doctor? Is she fucking with me?"

"Mew please," then he kissed my hands.

"This better be the last time Gulf," I said resting my case. We might as well get this over with.

-------------------------

Sitting in the waiting area with Gulf while Diane is having an ultrasound is by far my weirdest experience so far. We were surrounded by flirty pregnant ladies who don't mind flirting even with their conditions.

I whispered to Gulf, "You are going to pay for this Gulf."

Before Gulf can respond to me, one lady spoke.

"So ummm, who's the husband?" She must be due soon given the size of her stomach.

Then another lady spoke. "I honestly don't care who the husband is, either of you will do for me." She said with dreamy eyes.

The third pregnant lady said, "If I look at you all day, my baby might look like you."

Out of the blue, Gulf spoke and I almost choked on my saliva, "Neither of us is the husband, we're boyfriends."