Chapter 4: Mew

Ring. Ring.

"Yes. Sir."

"Olive, I'll be flying out in two days. Please make the usual reservations in Weeds Resort."

"For how many nights should I book Sir?"

"Five. Book 2 elite rooms."

"Should I also book your flight?"

"Obviously Olive. Check my schedule first as usual. And also, I will be accompanied by a Mr Gulf McQueen, he is the heir of McQueen Enterprises. I hope you are resourceful enough to get more information you need from him."

I hear some stuttering in the background, "De-de-definitly Sir."

I ended the call.  I am at the hotel bar, wasting my time.

That gorgeous man is straight. I have never lured a straight man in bed.

"Excuse me Sir. Any last call?" The bartender said.

I looked at my Rolex watch, 2 am. Then looked around, 2 patrons were sitting in separate tables.

"Whisky on the rocks." I said. I might as well drink knowing that sleep is farthest from my mind.

Gulf McQueen, how do I lure you in bed?

So he is a Cranfield graduate. Small world. McQueen Sr. must have known that I came from Warwick for him to introduce Gulf like that. It was a smart move to auction his son. He had a glimpse of who are still interested in his company and who are open to let him in.

I tightened my hold in the glass. I took that bait for a million dollars. I was distracted by his son who looked like he was going to vomit anytime on the stage.

I called my secretary again just because I have a lot going on in my mind.

Ring. Ring.

"Sir?"  Olive sounds groggy.

"Are you drunk Olive?"

"Ummm...No sir. I was asleep....Ummmm. It's 2am."

"Right. Can you dig deeper on Gulf McQueen? Down to his address, hobbies to his favorite color."  I need all possible information to get that man.

"Right now Sir?" I looked at the phone strangely.

"Of course not. It's 2am."

I hear a sigh at the other end of the call, "Thank you Sir. Anything else?"

"None for now. I'll call you back when I think of something."

"Wait Si---." I ended the call.

Photographer. He must have a portfolio. I got my phone and went to my to do list. I made a folder and named it Lips. I added a note. First bullet point: Ask him for his portfolio; First sub-bullet: Decide on what he should photograph after I see his portfolio. Then I locked my phone.

Girlfriend. Yes he might have a girlfriend. I unlocked my phone again. Second bullet point: Investigate girlfriend; Second sub-bullet point: Find a way to ditch said girlfriend.

Age.Probably 22-24. No need for this to be on the record.

Gifts. Third bullet point: Does Gulf like gifts? Third sub bullet: Car, camera, other possible collection

Sex. Fourth bullet point: Open to one night stands? Fourth sub-bullet point: Contingency plan if not.

I locked my phone. At least I wrote the basics down.

---------------------------------------------------

8 am.

I am getting ready for another meeting, but let me call Olive first.

Ring. Ring.

"Sir?"

"Are you whining? You sound like you're whining?"

"Ummmm.... I just said  "Sir", Sir. I am not whining."

"Did you contact Gulf?"

"It's 8 am Sir."

"And?"

"He might still be sleeping. Do you want me to disturb his sleep...Sir?"

Is 8 am too early for someone like Gulf?  "Okay then. I expect a report from you before 10 am."

I went to the function hall where the meeting will be held. Another company wants to present their solution in green technology. Since I am an advocate of clean environment, I prefer raw materials that are environmentally friendly.

The room consists of me and 3 more people. Upon my arrival, the presentation started right away. Their solution looks promising enough but not out of the ordinary. I inject questions from time to time until an unknown number keeps popping on my phone screen causing it to vibrate continuously. On it's third call I excused myself.  I went out the function hall and answered the phone.

"Hello."

"What is wrong with you?" I looked at the phone screen.

"Who is this?" I said in a relaxed tone.

"You don't know me? Your secretary keeps calling me this early to ask about my favorite color and you don't know me?"  Gulf. I loosened my tie.

"I am sorry about that. Let me call her to straighten things out."

"Why don't you straighten things with me?"

Because I don't need you straight Gulf. "Again I apologize. This is clearly a misunderstanding."

There was silence in the other line.

"Hello Gulf, are you still there?"

"She also said  something about a flight 2 days from now."

"About that. The photoshoot I plan will be in a different region."

"I haven't agreed yet."

I didn't think you have that option. I paid a million dollars for this. "Well, do you have other plans 2 days from now Gulf?"

"Well no, but I still want to be asked before decisions are made."

I smiled, I can do that. "Okay. Gulf is it okay for you to travel two days from now so we can have the promised 5 day photoshoot which I won in the auction?"

"Are you sarcastically or sincerely asking?"

"Sincerely of course." I was holding my breath.

"Okay then. What do I need to bring?"

Just you. "Just your portfolio."

"Okay." He ended the call.

I smiled. This is going to be fun.

Before I went back to the function hall, I called Olive first.

Ring. Ring.

""Hello Sir. I am so sorry, I don't think it's a good idea ------"

"Stop calling Gulf."

"I'm sorry Sir?"

"I'll handle him."

"Thank God."

"Come again Olive?"

"Oh nothing Sir."

"Good. Make sure everything planned goes smoothly. I do not want any  unexpected delays."

"That's noted Sir."

I ended the call and went back inside.