Chapter Before the Finale: Mew

2 weeks after the wedding.

"I haven't approved the one month leave Olive. I said two weeks. I need you here today." I said to Olive .She is trying my patience. I gave her only two weeks for a vacation leave. There is a stakeholder's meeting at McQueen's Enterprises tonight. We agreed that any event by McQueen's will be attended by her.

"Mew, you can have Perez attend the meeting. It's best that he goes anyway since it's the Annual Finance Review." Olive said. She has gone cruising with Josh. Right now the ship is docked somewhere in the pacific. The line got cut-off, her cellphone signal is too week.

Fuck. I called Perez.

Ring. Ring.

"Hello Mew?"

"Lito, where are you?"

"It's Saturday Mew. I am out of town with my family. Is this urgent?" He asked.

I closed my eyes, "No Lito. Enjoy your weekend with your family."

I ended the call.

Shit. I'm not ready to see Gulf. 

I sat at my bed thinking about him. I have been thinking about him ever since we saw each other at the wedding. I got my guitar beside me and strummed some tune and thought about what I want. Will I ever be ready for him? Will there come a time when I can face him and not feel anything? I actually thought that three months is that time, but the moment I saw him, all the past hurt he inflicted came crashing back again like they never left, like they weren't mended.

I do not want to go to the dinner meeting. I'ts just mingling with the other investors anyway.  Besides, this meeting is so sudden. We were just informed a week ago. Usually, it takes a month's notice for these type of meetings. 

I called Jella.

Ring.Ring.

"Yes Sir Mew."

"I need you to call McQueen's and apologize for not being able to come to the dinner meeting tonight. Tell them that we weren't told sooner and there's a conflict in my schedule." I said.

"Ummm, I can't do that Sir. Ma'am Olive already responded on the invite for you. She also said that you have to go because she promised two investors tonight that you will be coming."

Olive!!!! Is this a ground for termination? I swear Olive I can fire you!!!  I breathed deep, "Thank you Jella. I'll take care of it."

I got up and went for a shower moping. I am supposed to be chilling tonight, instead, it's going to be another awkward night with Gulf. I know he'll be there because he became the Officer-In-Charge after my company let him go.

------------------------------

I am on my way to my favorite hotel wearing a black suit with a printed black and white undershirt. I didn't even bother with  neckties. This should do. I haven't even brushed my hair up. I just let it flow freely in my forehead. I am not in the mood to be formal tonight. I used my worn-out favorite LV loafers because it's the most comfortable one.

"Ben, can you please drop me off on the side entrance? I don't want to cause a ruckus in the front."

"Yes, Mew."

I stepped out and looked at the vast lobby. It's been a while since I have been here. I walked to the reception area looking at the the corner of the hotel where Gulf disappeared  the first time I saw him. I was so astounded by his beauty, I wasn't able to speak then. I remember being tongue-tied.