Untitled Part 5

Chapter 5 – Pay Respect

Today breakfast is quite rich.

Chun Tao put the soup in front of Su Qing, seeing her look really space-out, she patted her shoulder and reminded her with concern: "Madam, it's time for meal."

".....ah? Oh." Su Qing came back to her senses, picked up the spoon and took a sip.

The thick milky white soup was tender and delicious, which also help to suppressed the fear in her heart. She carefully raised her eyes and hurriedly lowered her head when she was about to pick up the food to eat. She did not dare to look elsewhere.

Gu Zifu was in a good mood today, he even ate two pieces of honey ham and a bowl of fish soup more than usual.

He has a habit of drinking tea after a meal. While he just poured the tea into a teacup and shook it a few times, Si Ting came in and reported: "Seventh Lord, the palace passed a message, saying that want you to enter the palace. There are important things to deal with."

"I'm not their Su family, what matters in the palace has to do with me? That Su Shizhou, what a use as a Crown Prince!" Gu Zifu blew the hot tea a few times before taking a sip. Feeling the taste is not right, he dumped the tea out and poured it again.

Su Qing's eyes are brightly lit.

Even though she doesn't like the Crown Prince, but at this moment, from the bottom of her heart she sincerely prayed that Gu Zifu can go into the palace and help him. Better stay there, and don't come back.

Si Ting continued: "That person said Lord Prime Minister is also there."

Chi Qiu?

Gu Zifu's eyes turned a little darker , putting the tea cup in his hand on the table, he got up and walked out: "Remember to have someone send a new batch of tea."

Taking a few steps, he seemed to remember something, turned around, narrowed his eyes and looked at Su Qing. He raised his eyebrows and said: "By the way, go tell Shuang Qiao, tonight eat meat buns."

Su Qing's palms shaking, and the spoon in her hand directly fell back into the bowl and made a crisp crash.

Si Ting gave her a suspicious look and then followed behind Seven Lord and left.

As soon as the two left, Chuntao didn't hold back anymore. She fell directly to the ground with a "thump", "Your Highness, this servant is useless, didn't serve you well. This servant is no use ..."

"Get up, what a foolish words to say." Su Qing lifted her up, raised her hands to wipe away the tears on her face, seemed to be talking to herself: "It can only be said that the current situation is not good, but it is not too bad."

The only benefit is to stay away from the deep and bottomless harem and needn't to be aware of the small petty movements behind her back.

As for the disadvantages......

Su Qing shook her head tried to shake the bad thoughts out of her head, and said softly: "You probably haven't eaten yet this morning, go to the kitchen to get another pair of chopsticks. There are still a lot of leftover food here, the taste is quite good, I can't finish eating them, it would be a waste to throw them away."

Chuntao wanted to say something, but she held back. In the end, she didn't say anything.

After finished eating breakfast, Chuntao went to the kitchen to help Shuang Qiao cleaned up. Su Qing was idle, she wore a coat and went outside to walk around in the courtyard.

Gu Courtyard, she heard that because Gu Zifu was too lazy to think of the name, and just casually called it Gu Courtyard. Su Qing felt it's indeed in line with his temperament. Although it's just a courtyard, the area is not small at all. The wing rooms are divided into four parts: East, West, North and South, and a separate kitchen and small garden.