Untitled Part 52

Chapter 52 – Bad temper

Gu Zifu held her wrist and lightly rubbed it with his fingers. Su Qing felt itchy and wanted to retract her hand, but this man grasped her hand tightly.

"Seventh Lord?"

She looked at Gu Zifu nervously, afraid of what this wan would do next.

After a long wait , she saw that he didn't do anything. She finally relaxed, as she stared at him and began to murmur: "Seventh Lord, it's to have a meal."

Gu Zifu only said "oh", then got up, held her hand and walked out.

The food from the Imperial Kitchen is really delicious, combining with her staving all night, Su Qing ate more than usual.

When she was dressing earlier, Chuntao told her that the Imperial doctor has sent a lot of precious medicinal herbs here early this morning, and the Imperial Kitchen also sent people to ask from time to time when to serve the meal? Since when did the Jian Zhi Palace ever receive such good treatment?

Last night, she and Tang Ruyan were secretly attacked from behind, not only they were tied in the palace, but also set fire.

When she lived in the Jian Zhi Palace, she rarely came out. There were not many people she could speak to, not to mention offend others. At most, they would just curse a few words behind her back. Although she is unfavorable, after all she's still the princess. No one stupid enough dares to harm the life of royal family. However, the Ling Jiu Palace wouldn't think like that.

As for these good treatment and benefits, she receiving, no need to guess all because of the Seventh Lord's reputation.

Su Qing knew what Su Shizhuo was afraid of, or appropriately to say more than fearful he tried to draw them over to his side.

You see, as an emperor, I lowered my status to a subject minster, which proved that I am a virtuous emperor with high moral integrity and care for the world. Secondly, it showed my good intention to you, and I hope you see it in your eyes, feeling my kindness in your heart. After that, the monarchs and ministers will be in harmony and protect me and my throne.

What a good plan!

After finishing her breakfast, Su Qing took a look at the medicinal herbs on the table, all packed in boxes, and neatly placed there. She picked some and asked Chuntao to send to Consort Jing, considering as to thank her for taking good care of Sheng'er over the years.

As for Su Yingruo, she still holds the same attitude as before, and does not fight for anything. As for this time of accident, even if she asks for justice from Su Shizhuo, no one would dare to stand up for her justice. There is no evidence, no identity, why would anyone want to help her?

It's okay to say that she is cowardly and weak. For Su Shisheng, she can tolerate this time of misfortune. At worst, she would not enter the palace again.

Normally, the Jian Zhi is very quiet, combining with the last night event, naturally no one dared to come and disturb her. Until in the afternoon, Su Qing couldn't help it and went to visit Consort Jing at the Buddha Hall.

At that time, Consort Jing was resting, so Su Qing went to the backyard to find Su Shisheng.

Su Shisheng was copying the book.

Seeing Su Qing coming, his expression was delighted. The hand holding brush suddenly shook, and a large piece of ink smudged on the paper. He frowned, put the brush aside and hurriedly got up, fearing that he would make the same mistake again.

Su Qing chucked.

Hearing her laughter, Su Shisheng stared at her with a red face, and angrily said: "Don't laugh!"