Untitled Part 38

Chapter 38 – Honey peach

The weather is getting hotter during the mid-summer, the trees constantly making noise, having headaches just from listening to it

Gu Zifu was annoyed by this, he ordered Si Ting not to do anything and just held a long pole every day and sat under the tree to catch the cicada.

Fortunately, there are not many trees in the Gu courtyard, but it was too embarrassing for Si Ting to do this job.

In the afternoon, Su Qing wore a light green skirt, her silky hair scattered behind her back, sitting on the bed in a daze with a big yawn.

She still wants to sleep more.

When Chuntao came in with herbal tea and pastries, and saw her like this, she couldn't help chuckling. She put the tray on the table and went before Su Qing, "Your Highness, you can't sleep anymore. If you can't sleep at night, tomorrow you will have the dark circle underneath your eyes."

Su Qing's small mouth slightly flat, and sullenly said, "But I am still sleepy."

Seeing her like this, Chuntao took the fan on the side and fanned, but because it was a hot day, the air that came out was also hot. Chuntao thought for a while and said, "If Your Highness still wants to continue your sleep, this slave servant will go inform the Big Madam that Your Highness is not feeling well today, so you won't be able to go today."

Yesterday, after Gu Li took home the bayberry, a short while later, Chunsao came to see Su Qing, but she did not dare to come in only outside the Gu courtyard. She was probably afraid to see Gu Zifu. The Big Madam had her bring the sachet for Su Qing. She didn't know what was inside, but it has a faint smell of medicine.

What surprised Su Qing most was that the embroidery on the sachet was exquisite, the embroidery pictures were beautiful, just like real ones.

Interested in learning it, Su Qing asked Chuntao to go with Chunshao and asked if Ding shi could teach her.

She didn't expect that Ding shi agreed to it easily.

"Don't. I asked her first, so I should go." Su Qing then got up and asked Chuntao to help her wash up and change.

The clothes in the closet all left from the original body, Su Qing didn't buy any new clothes since she couldn't care less about it. She rather saved money to open the new restaurant.

When she came out of the room, she saw Si Ting holding a long bamboo stick and sat crossed-legged on the ground while Gu Li was practicing martial arts beside him. Whenever he saw Gu Li's movement was wrong, he'd use the bamboo stick to correct him, saving his energy from getting up.

"Madam." Si Ting saw her coming, he quickly stood up.

Su Qing raises her hand to cover the sunlight and whispers to him, "The Seventh Lord is still sleeping, it's okay to slack off a little. Do you want to eat bayberry?"

There are not many bayberries, so Su Qing is very stingy with her fruit.

Si Ting doesn't like sweets but he's very fond of sour things. He pointed to his pocket, and laughed awkwardly, "I just slipped out to pick some, but Madam can rest assured, I've kept the red and sweet ones on top for you."

Su Qing smiled faintly and glanced at Gu Zifu's room with the door shut. She secretly thought, the Seventh Lord really can sleep. He sleeps from morning to noon, and continues to sleep after lunch.

Wouldn't he get sick after sleeping for so long in a stuffy room?

Su Qing hesitated wondering whether she should go in and check, but after a long while, she shook her head and told Si Ting, "I am going to see the Big Madam, I'll come back later."