Untitled Part 58

Chapter 58 – Invitation

"Seventh, Seventh Lord, what did you just say....."

Su Qing's face turned pale from panic and her eyes widened as she stared at him without blinking. She probed half of her body on bed, preparing to escape if she sensed any danger.

After a long while, Gu Zifu leaned down, the tip of his nose was very close to her face. He could see his reflection in her eyes. The sweet fragrance spread to his nose.

Not the sweet fruity fragrance from last time.

He reached out his hand and gently squeezed her chin. The delicate and soft feeling made him unable to put down. He said with a smile, "Qing Qing, I'm being serious."

If she likes children, we can just give birth to one.

Su Qing tried to avoid his gaze.

Of course she knew that he was serious.

Su Qing wanted to withdraw her body backwards, but her chin was tightly grasped by his fingers. The person in front of her didn't let her back away.

She lowered her eyes slightly as she tried to calm herself down. She held her breath and said: "Seventh Lord, I'm not ready yet......"

What Gu Zifu said to her last time, she has kept it in mind. It's just that she is unsure this weak love would survive in front of the reality of the wind and rain. She once imagined having someone who will be there for her, take care of her, cover the quilt for her when she's cold.....but she never thought that person turned out to be Gu Zifu. The Seventh Lord of Gu Zifu that everyone fears.

She knew that the Seventh Lord had suffered a lot since childhood, and no one had ever taught him what is right and wrong. What is love and being love. All the actions he did were only derived from the inner desires in his heart.

Su Qing admitted she was moved by his love confession on that day. But it was only in that moment, and then again and again was annihilated by his jokes and humiliated. He bullied her, made her angry. He said he liked her, but why would he like to make fun of her if he likes her. Just for fun? Yet he treated her and people around her different from others. He made her new clothes, rushed into the fire to save her, and punished Gu Hanyue for her to vent out her anger. Not only that he gave Sheng'er half of Gu's family wealth without hesitation.

They are maybe trivial things, but she remembered them in her heart, piece by piece adding up, extremely contradicting. If she doesn't have any feelings for him, she would not try to understand him, get closer to him, and follow him all the way to Yunzhuo City.

But......

"Don't be afraid, don't be afraid."

Gu Zifu murmured softly as he felt her stiffness, holding her wrist with his big hand, and gently rubbing it to comfort her. He lowered his head and kissed her white tender neck, his hot breath sprayed on her skin.

"Qing Qing, you're so beautiful." Su Qing closed her eyes tightly, her eyelash moist with her tears, trembling slightly.

Seventh Lord, I'm afraid.

Gu Zifu stopped his movement. He propped his arms on the bed, sat up, and put the quilt on the little girl. His actions were very gentle and considerate, but there was no warmth in his expression.

His eyes were deep and asked with a cold face: "Why don't you say anything?"

Why didn't she stop him if she's unwilling.

With her eyes filled with tears, Su Qing choked with sob. She did not know, she now knows nothing.

Gu Zifu's face was expressionless, and the fox like-eyes were deep and endless, unable to see his emotions.