Untitled Part 19

Chapter 19 – Burial

There was a light rain last night, the sky was a little gloomy, heavy black clouds overcasted the grand palace, making people's hearts feel even more unsettled. Su Qing walking on the bluestone path, retracted the cool fingertips into the sleeves soon after she lifted up the skirt. Her pale little face was also turned slightly red from coldness, she secretly cursed "damn weather."

When they came to the main hall, she saw the crown prince and a number of ministers standing in the hall seemed to be discussing the funeral rites.

Walking on the palace path, she didn't see many people along the way. Su Qing didn't ask much, and quietly lowered her head following eunuch Changsheng from behind. Thinking of that imperial edict, Su Qing felt somewhat quite funny. Although she's not an ancient person, she also has some knowledge of common household's funeral. The daughter will have to observe mourning for her parents for three years, not permit to have a wedding ceremony, avoiding red silk. She has never heard that the father's body had not turned cold yet and the daughter turned around getting married in an instant. It seemed a little strange.

Su Qing thought about it all the way, but couldn't think of the reason, until Changsheng who was walking in front stopped and said a few words to the guard standing outside the Hall of Mental Cultivation, Su Qing finally reacted, recollected her sentiment eyes, waiting for Changsheng finished giving his instructions and went inside with him.

Walking into the hall, behind the screen, she saw a small table with a teapot, incense burner, and ...previous emperor's tablet....

Su Qing has a puzzled look.

"This is a private tablet I set for His Majesty, and it was permitted by His Majesty before his death." Changsheng said with a calm expression, then stepped forward to light the incense and passed it to Su Qing.

"Thank you, GongGong." Su Qing received the incense, saluting respectfully to the tablet, and then inserted the incense into the incense burner.

Eunuch Changsheng stood on the side looking at Su Qing's action and suddenly said, "The marriage decree was made by His Majesty himself."

Su Qing looked up at him in surprise. Trying to calm herself down and said, "Changsheng GongGong, did you remember it wrong....."

All along, she always thought that it was the crown prince and Grand Consort Duan's plan who deliberately made her married into the Gu Family in order to use her. But what is going now?

Changsheng withdrew his gaze that landed on her face, the face that looked very similar to Consort Wen, in a flash everything is cleared.

"If this servant says that His Majesty did this in order to protect Your Highness, do Your Highness believe me?"

————-

Since Su Shizhou is a crown prince, naturally many things are under his control. With the support of the ministers in court manys things are easy to take care of. The back harem has always been non-interfering with the court affairs, so all the woman forks in the royal family have left early returned to their living quarters.

Su Yingruo walked out of Qingluan Palace, right after the Grand Consort went to bed. After walking quite a distance, she summoned the eunuch on the side and asked, "Any news from her?"

The eunuch answered with a bitter face, "The moment Tenth Princess entered the palace, she was taken to the Hall of Mental Cultivation. The sevenths were afraid to act rashly and making Changsheng GongGong upset, so did not dare to get closer. Until now they are still the Hall of Mental Cultivation, haven't come out yet."