Untitled Part 10

Chapter 10 – Grand Consort

The next day, the carriage sent by the palace arrived early in the morning waiting outside the gate of Gu Mansion.

In order to avoid unnecessary troubles, Su Qing deliberately wore plain clothes, except for the skirt was embroidered with elegant lotus flowers with silver thread, and the vivid silver petals outline the lotus, without losing the grace and attention at all.

In the carriage, Chuntao looked at her anxiously, she wanted to say something, but could not open her mouth. Seeing her being like this Su Qing could not stand it, and asked: "There is only you and me, the servant and master here, do you have anything to say to me?"

Chuntao lifted the curtain and took a quick glance outside. She then sat closer looking at Su Qing's pale face, which she was specially ordered to be powdered today. Chuntao shook her head and said with worried: "Your Highness, this servant doesn't understand what you are trying to do, but you look like this, doesn't it serve Seventh Princess's intention?"

"I just want her to know that I'm not living well in the Gu Mansion." Su Qing whispered softly.

She doesn't understand the political tricks of harem fighting, but at least she is smart enough to know how to play safe and protect herself. She remembers that in the book, the female lead Su Yingruo has the distinguished reputation as the first beauty of the capital, she can get all sorts of en to choose from, but unfortunately she took fancy of that Seventh Lord of Gu family, who is like an unavailable white moonlight. As for whether the original body in the book was married to Gu Zifu, it's not that important, she's not the real Su Qing anyway. She couldn't remember the specific story in the book, whatever the plot is she has to take it one step at a time. Only a fool will wait to deliver her head if she follows the original plot. Enter the palace this time, the more she acts pitiful, the more Su Yingruo's heart becomes happy, and she would suffer less. It's not a big deal just to cry a few drops of tears.

"Your Highness....." Chuntao said with worried.

Su Qing shook her head: "I'm fine. When we get there, you must follow whatever I say. Remember, be more quick wit."

Chuntao nodded nervously: "Chuntao will try to cooperate with Your Highness with the best of my ability."

There's a rule of the palace, anyone who entered the palace shall not be allowed to ride in the carriage, and must enter on foot.

Su Qing just got out of the carriage followed behind by Chuntao, she only took a few steps, a young eunuch walked over from the side, flicking the horsetail whisk in his hand, and the disdain in his eyes revealed the unknown convergence. He bowed down and greeted her: "Your Highness, the Grand Consort knew that you must be tired from traveling, so she has already ordered the maids in Qing Luan Palace to brew the tea, and waiting for you to come over."

"I have troubled GongGong." Su Qing took silver ingots from her sleeve, took advantage of the wide sleeve to cover the gap and put it in his hand. That eunuch calmly put away the silver and with a smile on his face, took the two of them towards the Qing Luan Palace.

Su Qing looked at Chuntao's distress expression and tiptoe pinched her in the face: "Don't feel bad, I'll compensate you when go back."

It would be fake if Chuntao doesn't feel heartache.

When Su Qing got married, the dowry they brought were all handled by the Ministry of internal affairs, and how much practical things were there, no one can be more clear than them? Although, the Ten Princess married into the Gu Family, but never thought that the expenses of the Gu courtyard is separated from the entire Gu mansion.