Untitled Part 68

Chapter 68 – Force to abdicate

Before the voice faded away, Gu Zifu already stood next to her. He grabbed her wrist, yawning, and walked towards the back courtyard casually.

"Let's go accompany me to sleep."

Su Qing was staggering, she pulled his sleeves and glanced at Wen Lingzhuo, and said with a slightly blushed face: "Seventh Lord, don't be like this, the elder cousin is here."

"......" Wen Lingzhuo coughed twice awkwardly and strode over to stop the two. He looked at Gu Zifu sternly: "Seventh Lord, I have something to discuss with you."

"Speak."

He hated the most when he's sleeping and someone chattering nonstop.

Wen Lingzhou raised his hand to cover his twitched mouth and immediately dismissed all the servants. After seeing no one was around, he frowned and said nervously: "Before your arrival, the entire capital has spread out rumors about Hong Wang, even His Majesty has changed the guards at the gate of Imperial Capital into his own confidant in just a few days. Seventh Lord, you don't have to intervene in this one."

Su Shizhou was suspicious by nature. Gu Zifu's refusal to be on his side has already caused this new emperor's mind was not at ease. And now he openly returned with Hong Wang, wouldn't it be like handing the knife to the emperor's chest?

There is no way to know whether it is good or bad.

Gu Zifu's fox-like eyes flashed ridicule and sneered: "It not like it would save me trouble even if I'm being secretive.

Wen Linzhou was speechless.

"Three days later, Hong Wang will participate in the memorial ceremony for the late emperor and attend the palace banquet later."

Gu Zifu gently rubbed his wrist with his thumb, looked at the sky in the distance and said unconcernedly, "The year thirty-seven of Tianyuan, before the late emperor died, Xuan Prime Minister and Zhenbei General entered the palace together, no one knew about this, the two ministers received a blank decree, the imperial jade seal has been sealed but the content of the decree was jointly decided by the two of them."

"It means everything is acceptable."

"....." Wen Lingzhou looked at him in amazement, "How is it possible? When the late emperor died, the two of you were clearly in the main hall, how could it be possible..."

Gu Zifu turned his head to look at him with a pity expression, "Well, you can understand it as to whether the current emperor or Hong Wang, none of them was chosen by the late emperor as the emperor. Therefore, we now have a reason to change a new one."

After that, he led Su Qing to the room where he rested.

After entering the room, he dismissed all the maids and pulled Su Qing over. Poking his finger on her soft face and said: "Tsk, come to think about it, I'm the one who was calculated. Very uncomfortable, really feeling uncomfortable."

He's always been the one who calculated others and made fun of them, but now seemed to be his turn, how could his heart be comfortable.

Su Qing was still a little stunned. She looked at him and frowned: "Then the marriage between you and me....."

"Oh, this," Gu Zifu grinned and said innocently, "For the sake of Qing Qing, I had to bite the bullet and recognized him as my father-in-law."

Su Qing's face flashed unnaturally, pushing his hand away and looked away.

"Hmph, Seventh Lord, you are talking nonsense again."

Gu Zifu narrowed his eyes and suddenly stretched out his big hand to hold her jade-like neck, revealing a weird smile at the corner of his mouth, saying: "If those words came from someone else's mouth, that person must have been separated and the brain splashed long ago."