Untitled Part 54

Chapter 54 – The Eldest Brother

Su Qing stood root in place, her mouth slightly opened, and did not know how to react.

After a long while, she lowered her eyes and walked into the house.

Finding a place to sit down, pick up the unfinished sachet on the table, put on the needle thread and bow her head doing her needle work.

Gu Ting stared at expressionless Gu Zifu, his eyes were full of consternation.

He only went out for two years....what had happened at home?

He will have to look for Si Ting to ask about this later.

Seeing him was in a daze, Gu Zifu knocked on the table impatiently and said, "What are you looking at?"

Gu Ting recovered his mind, remembering the gossip he heard outside, he frowned: "Seventh, this time Old Madam will definitely not give up. She called the Eldest Brother to come home this time, she must have a plan to kick you out of the mansion."

Gu Zifu sneered: "Does she have that ability?"

Gu Ting nodded: "You can say it like that, but the rumors outside are getting worse. They said you are thick-skinned, sinister and ruthless, and a lot more and more unpleasant words to hear."

Upon hearing this, Su Qing slightly frowned, and unconsciously slowed down her needlework.

"What? Do you think I am a person who cares about reputation in your eyes? Maybe even if I agree, they will still talk bad things about me, so why bother?"

"You...."

"Seventh." A middle-aged man in his brown shirt walked in from outside the door.

Gu Ting got up and called, "Eldest Brother."

Gu Zifu slightly lifted his eyelids, picked up the tea cup, and circled on the table.

Gu Huatai nodded, glanced around, and his gaze finally landed on Su Qing. He said with a kind face, "Seventh younger sister in law is also here."

Gu Ting looked at Su Qing in surprise, and the corner of his mouth twitched slightly. Obviously, I don't know how to react to this unexpected Seventh younger sister in law of his.

Su Qing looked at him, wondering if she should call him "Eldest Brother."

Gu Huatai didn't care about it either. He sat in front of Gu Zifu, took the teacup in his hand which he was playing with and placed it on the table.

A moment later, he asked with a casual tone: "How is your injury?"

Gu Zifu stared at him, and his fox-like eyes narrowed slightly.

Gu Huatai has been doing business outside for many years, so naturally he has met and experienced a lot more than ordinary people. He just sat there, his movements and words giving people reassuring and comfortable feelings, making people want to listen to him involuntarily, and the thought will naturally follow.

He continued: "As her son, I clearly knew my mother's personality.There's a lot of things in the mansion that she's meddling in.Regarding to the matter Yue'er set up the fire trying to murder the Seventh younger sister in law, my wife and General Wen have already told me everything. The Eldest Brother clearly knew in my heart how my mother treated you all these years."

As he said it, his expression became serious: "This matter is indeed my mother's fault. If it wasn't for her bias, raising her to be snobby, perhaps Yue'er wouldn't be confused and dare to do such rebellious things. As the reason I came here today, I believe the Sixth Brother probably told you. My mother wants you to move out of the mansion and I also promised her to come here to persuade you. Seventh Brother, I know even if my mother offers up her life to apologize, it still can't extinguish the hatred in your heart. But as the eldest son in the family, the rise and fall of the whole Gu household is on my shoulders. Of course, I really don't want to see my mother and brother fighting each other. For me, or for the whole Gu family, Eldest Brother hopes you can move out. Maybe in the future, after my mother dies, even if the whole Gu mansion is under your name, Gu Zifu; I, Gu Huatai will have absolutely no word of complaint."