Untitled Part 29

Chapter 29 – Banknotes

Su Qing took the envelope and hesitated to open it. When she saw a thick stack of banknotes inside, she blinked, and took her a long time before being able to come back to her mind.

"Is this...giving to me?"

"Not giving, this originally belonged to Your Highness." Tang Ruyan retreated a few steps and saluted her, keeping some distance between them.

His voice is very nice, just like warm water flowing through white porcelain, it's soft and subtle.

Tang Ruyan saw her did not believe him, he didn't show her disdain, but instead whispered softly at her.

When the late emperor was still alive, he really spoiled the original body, and bestowed her a lot of jewels in the open and in secret. Even Su Yingruo looked at them with red eyes and jealousy. Even though she's willing, there's nothing she could do about this. The original body was very clever. Knowing that these rewards would not be safe if keeping with her, thus she sent someone secretly to find Tang Ruyan, asking him to think of a way to sell them, exchanged for banknotes, and then find a safe place to save them.

Nan Jiu's law is strictly forbidden to buy or sell the palace's goods privately. The original also knew this. But later on she found the opportunity and convinced the previous emperor, he not only rewarded her more valuable items, but also let Tang Ruyan gradually take the items out and sell them.

No wonder, when Chuntao mentioned the rewards that were bestowed by the late emperor before, Su Qing asked her a few more words but she seemed not to know anything. Some items she had only once or twice.

Su Qing narrowed her eyes once she heard this. If able to have the original body entrust him with such an important matter, it means that the relationship between the two must be profound. Seeing that he's wearing an official uniform, there are only a few people in the palace who have a good relationship with her, it's better to wait to go back and ask Chuntao. Most importantly, she has no memory of the original body, what if she says something wrong and makes people suspicious, it would be troublesome to explain.

Seeing her absent-minded, Tang Ruyan didn't continue to talk. At the glance at the corner of his eyes and saw Su Qing only wears thin clothes, his underfoot were a little stumble, and suddenly remembered the "Crown Prince assassination" in the main hall today, he frowned slightly, took off his outer coat and put on Su Qing's body.

"Your Highness's body is very delicate, it is better to be careful. Wait when this official goes back, I'll have the Imperial Kitchen send a bowl of ginger soup over for Your Highness to warm your body."

Su Qing looked up staring at him with a thoughtful expression.

"Tsk, what a coincidence, Official Tang is also here." The two turned to look at where the voice came from, and saw Gu Zifu leaning against the corner of the wall, and laughing lazily at them.

Su Qing lowered her head and started swinging again slowly. Thinking to herself, when she goes back, she would ask Si Ting to make one in the Gu Courtyard. It's fun to play with.

Tang Ruyan turned to salute Gu Zifu, "This official greeting the Seventh Lord."

"You are not with the crown prince, what are you doing at this quiet place?"

Tang Ruyan turned to take a quick glance at Su Qing, with a flash of doubt in his eyes, he immediately replied, "This official comes to say something to Her Highness. This official will leave after finishing saying."

Gu Zifu raised his eyebrow.

Able to enter the Jian Zhi Palace and come all the way here, it must be a very important matter.