Untitled Part 69

Chapter 69 – Final chapter

Su Shizhou died, and people under his command had no leader, with the scene of ministers in the hall being chaotic. The timid people knew that a wise man should submit to fate, so they abandoned weapons and surrendered. Others who wanted to resist were forcibly suppressed by those who had been ambushed inside and outside the palace by Su Shiqi. The situation is temporarily under control.

In the hall, Su Shiqi glanced over the messy ground, there was joy inside in his eyes, but his face remained calm.

He's been planning in private for so many years just for this moment. As long as he passes today, get rid of everything, he will be able to sit in that position. Thinking like this his mood became a lot better: restore his calmness.

But reason told him that now is not the time to be happy yet. He looked at Gu Zifu, his expression flashed unnaturally, and said: "Seventh Lord, Little Tenth is now safe in the General's Mansion, you can rest assured."

Even if he said like this, his heart is full of anxiety.

Gu Zifu sneered, walked towards Prime Minister Chi, who was indifferent throughout the whole time, Gu Zifu lifted his feet to kick the table before him and urged impatiently: "Hurry up."

Irritating.

Under everyone's alarmed eyes, Prime Minister Chi stood up slowly and looked at Su Shiqi: "As the saying goes, the country cannot be ruled for a day without a ruler. Wang Ye is known as your noble character and high prestige, in favor with the general public, and since all fellow officials are here today, how about choosing a new emperor today?"

These words are really disrespectful.

Now Su Shizhou's body has not yet been cleaned up, and his head is still lying alone under the table, but now no one dares to express their opinions, only lowering their heads in approval.

Upon hearing this, Su Shiqi could no longer suppress his inner joy. He did not expect that everything would go so smoothly like this, nor did he think that Prime Minister Chi would take the initiative to jump out and take a stand. In this way, everything will only become more logical. No one would dare to interfere, or say a word "No"......Put on the yellow robe, greeting a new master. Su Shiqi could not help thinking of the scene of people kneeling and worshiping him in the future.

Seeing no objection, Prime Minister Chi pulled out a bright yellow imperial degree from his sleeve and held it high in the air: ".....Before the late imperial passed away, he secretly gave this imperial decree to me and the Seventh Lord. There is the imperial jade seal but the content is empty. It means the late emperor wanted the Seventh Lord and I made the decision on his behalf."

All the ministers's expressions changed instantly.

They heard it before that the late emperor gave the Seventh Lord a secret imperial decree, but they did not expect it to be a blank decree.

After that he turned to look at Su Shiqi and slowly said: "Since the late emperor had appointed His Majesty as the crown prince and now he is dead, Hong Wang led the rebel troops into the palace committing a major crime of conspiracy....."

Su Shiqi's face changed drastically, reaching out his hand wanting to snatch the decree in Prime Minister Chi's hand, but Gu Zifu was faster than him, quickly kicking the person down to the ground.

"Cough....." Su Shiqi coughed blood, climbed up from the ground and raised his hand to wipe the blood on the corner of his mouth. His eyes were like poisoned needles looking straight at Gu Zifu and his beautiful face was full of hatred.

"Gu Zifu, you have been lying to ben wang from the beginning!"

Damn it! He has been played by him the whole time!