Brief talk with Carter and Mia

A/N

⚠️Don't read this if you haven't finished the book yet! ⚠️

Enjoy!

Tell us about your relationship with Mia. How did you felt, truly?

Carter'P.O.V

"Our relationship wasn't going great but it wasn't horrendously bad either. We had our problems just like any other couple has," I say starting with the easy part.

"Look there was no "bad guy" in our relationship," I turn and look at Mia for a brief second and see her nodding.

"We were just two kids that were really good friends for years before getting together. The first year of the relationship was great but on the second everything started going downhill especially after we moved in together. I definitely think we moved in way too quickly."

"Yeah," Mia says.

"We just fell out of love but we're too afraid of letting each other go because we played a big part in each other's everyday life. I wasn't as invested in our relationship as I used to be either. I would like to add though that Mia fell out of love with me way sooner than I did. I kinda knew that Mia was getting feelings for someone else like I could tell that something was off. I wasn't really bothered at the start to be honest."

"It did start to bother me though when I figured out that it was Axel. He was the one person that I didn't want with anything Mia to be with. That's why I got so upset and angry when I caught them together. I was more frustrated at the fact that someone else especially someone I didn't like won my girlfriend over. I was bitter about it," I say leaning back on my chair.

"My ego was hurt, I'm not going to lie."

"But you know we live and we learn and all of that is in the past now, plus we're still friends," I say.

What do you think Mia?

Mia's P.O.V

"Yeah, I agree with Carter our relationship wasn't good but not necessarily bad either for the most part at least. I think for me the one thing that I regret is that I didn't end our relationship sooner" I say.

"Ouch, truth does hurt, damn!" Carter says placing his hand on his chest.

"Sorry, honey," I say looking at Carter.

"But you know we can't go back in time and change things unfortunately or not. We're still friends though even so many years later, we still hang out" I say.

"He still doesn't like Axel though," I whisper leaning a bit forward on my chair I don't even know why don't ask me.

"Oh, come on now! I don't dislike him as much as I used to, okay?" Carter says his eyebrows raised.

"Mmh," I say nodding my head rapidly whilst looking at me.

"Like look he's still not my 12th favourite person in the world but I don't hate him," he quickly adds.

"I like only two guys in Mia's life and that's her dad which he likes me as well and her son Oliver which well, he definitely took after Axel when it comes to feeling towards me," he says making me chuckles.

"That's very true actually."

What can I say Axel has definitely influenced Oliver on this.

What did you both learn from that?

"Look, we made some bad choices back then and we hurt people around us without wanting to or realizing it at the time. I guess what I learned from that is to follow your heart and speak your mind, " I say.

"Yeah, for me I learned that I need to listen more and communicate better. I learned that I need to admit it when it's my fault and not shut people off because of it. My fiancee, is really helping me be better as well so I'm grateful for her," Carter says.