Chapter 7

MIA'S P.O.V

After texting Axel that I'll be ready in 10 minutes I turn around and look at the outfits laid out on my bed. I'll admit that I was not expecting him to invite me to a frat party, just because I'm always the one that initiates conversations with him in the 1 year and 2 months I've known him. Plus we only talk at uni, and our conversations aren't that deep or long either.  Regardless I'm glad that he took the initiative for once and ask me to hang out with him outside the university, I think we could become great friends. He is sarcastic and playful and a chill person and I feel comfortable with him.

Now onto the important question. What should I wear? My eyes moving from the plain black long sleeve bodycon dress to the jeans, bralette and mesh top to the snake print skirt and white top. The first outfit might be a bit too casual and the third one might be too cold for that, so, the second outfit it is then.

I throw in a pile at the end of my bed the other two outfits before wearing the bralette and loose long sleeve mesh top on top. I turn around and grab my clear sparkle lip gloss and put it on as well as my highlighter before turning back around and putting on my black high waisted jeans before returning to finish my makeup. Maybe waiting until the last minute to do my eyeliner was a bad idea.

I can never do it perfectly when I'm going out but on days that I don't have anywhere to go and I decide to put it on it glides perfectly on. Can someone please explain to me why?

I spray perfume on my wrist and rub them behind my ear and then together. I hear the doorbell ring. He's right on time! I quickly put my heeled boots on and my short black denim jacket, grabbing my mini shoulder back on my way to the front door. I only put some tissues in there, my lipgloss, some cash just in case I need them, painkillers, keys and my phone of course.

I open the front door revealing Axel in his usual casual everyday outfit. I notice that his wardrobe is not that diverse at least in colours. I've only seen him wear black, white and grey colour clothes.

"Hey, you look... handsome," I give him a big smile and exit mine and Carters apartment locking the door behind me.

"Hey, you look..." it takes him a couple of minutes to come up with a compliment, "gorgeous!" Axel says and clears his throat.

"Aw, thank you! You don't have to try so hard to compliment me," I say to him and start walking towards the stairs. I can see from the corner of my eyes Axel rolling his eyes.

"Don't make me regret inviting you, at least wait till I'm drunk," he says as I laugh at him.

The car ride there is silent, neither of us talk. It's not an uncomfortable type of silence, I think that Axel just doesn't know what to say and for the first time, I don't know either. Once we arrive at the party, I get out of the car and turn to look at Axel.

"Whose party is this?"

"I don't know, my friends know him though, " he shrugs and comes around motioning for me to follow him.

Walking through the wide-open door, the smell of smoke overwhelms my senses. It's quite packed with uni students either drunk or grinding onto one another or vaping. Others are playing spin the bottle or truth or dare and poker in the corners.

"Want a drink?" Axel asks me leaning a bit down so I can hear him.

The music isn't as loud as in clubs thankfully, but still loud enough to need to speak close to each other's faces. 

"Yeah!" I say and follow him towards the kitchen where a bowl full of vodka and orange juice is mixed and a couple of beer bottles scattered around the counters, others open, others untouched.